Tennis Forum banner

Do you think Venus has passed her peak and will never win another grand slam?

• Yes

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • No

Votes: 79 68.7%
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Venus doesn't seem to have the same fight --- desire --- that she used to have. I love her game, but wonder whether she can go the distance in the Grand Slams, especially against the crop of young turks nipping at her heals. Your thoughts?

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,894 Posts
yup, she's done for it...... her fans are devestated and we will just have to cajole ourselves with her stellar career. :shrug:

NEXT...... :wavey:

oh btw, how long before your next bitchfest about how bad you are being treated on this board? Just wondering when I can get my next laugh? :D

·
Registered
7,745 Posts
:weirdo:

She's won 4 tournies and reached the SF in Miami since last fall, actually i think her fight and desire came back now, they were lacking in the past 4-5 years. Where have you been hiding?:lol:

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Venus had a peak? :weirdo:

·
Registered
535 Posts
one word:

WIMBLEDON

She has said she wants more, that 5 isn't enough. So she still has fight, maybe not for the day in-day out grind of the tour (particularly clay), but no one should ever question her desire to dominate Wimbledon. This is even if you assume she has lost her fight for everything else, which I feel she hasn't.

·
Banned
9,786 Posts
Venus doesn't seem to have the same fight --- desire --- that she used to have. I love her game, but wonder whether she can go the distance in the Grand Slams, especially against the crop of young turks nipping at her heals. Your thoughts?
Agreed.
She's done. She'll be lucky to get past second round at SW19.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Do we need another stupid poll like this, just because she lost early in Charleston ? Venus will be THE favourite at Wimbledon, therefore this thread should be deleted.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agreed.
She's done. She'll be lucky to get past second round at SW19.
She might not be done and hopefully she can muster the fight, I'm just not sure. She's 29 now and there are many contenders 8-11 years her junior. And the last few times, she seems not like her old self where winning looked almost effortless. It's worth hearing all views about this topic, regardless.

·
Banned
9,219 Posts
:speakles:

I thought this was an attempted joke, that was just an epic fail.

·
Registered
170,920 Posts
grass? :shrug:

·
Registered
170,920 Posts

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
'Passed her peak' and 'never win another slam' are different things. In 2000, Martina Hingis won nine tournaments, including five Tier I's, and the YEC, and was ranked #1 almost every week of the year. But was already, unbeknowst to us, in the part of her career where she'd 'never win another slam'. Kinda hard to argue she was 'passed her peak' though, isn't it?

In 2000 Yes.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
1 - 20 of 121 Posts