Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well in the end it was supposed to be Reuben and yet it seems that Clay also won. I can't tell who is the american idol cos Clay also got to record an album and also release it on the same day as Reuben. Why should we have to vote for an american idol when the loser still wins and share the prize.

Why is Reuben not the sole american idol and enjoy his success like Kelly Clarkson did last year. What is gonna happen when the past year champion have to return to perform....and even worse what happens when Clay's cd outsells Reuben's? Is it fair for the competition to continue to the record stores and when do they let up with the challenge to Reuben? I don't think it is fair at all.

Reactions: Joseosu19

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I agree. These people are stars before the show is even over, it basically ruins the idea of the show that the one winner is the american idol.

·
SMUstang,
8,482 Posts
The fairness question is a valid question, but not in the manner that you suggest. From the final three to the final 2, the phone lines were so tied up that not everybody could get their votes cast. Ruben didn't win because more of America wanted him to win, as many didn't een get to cast their votes. They need to open up more lines for the later rounds so that the numbers can be counted accurately.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Ruben shouldn't have won. Clay was the right winner and this is why he is more popular and his CD will sell more. Ruben got lucky and he got in a few extra phone calls where as Clays fan couldnt get through as much.

This didn't happen last year because Kelly was the CLEAR winner. There was Kelly, then there was everyone else...

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BigB08822 said:
Ruben shouldn't have won. Clay was the right winner and this is why he is more popular and his CD will sell more. Ruben got lucky and he got in a few extra phone calls where as Clays fan couldnt get through as much.

This didn't happen last year because Kelly was the CLEAR winner. There was Kelly, then there was everyone else...

I am not going to sit and debate who is the real winner. Your reasoning doesn't make sense at all. Oh Reuben's people got through and Clay's didn't....it's the luck of the draw...it is about who got the most votes when the lines were shut down and the votes tallied.

My thing is that if they are going to award a certain prize to the winner, why does the runner up get it too. And if that was the case won't it be best to offer two separate categories in the male and female divisions. I didn't understand how kimberly was compared to the men in the end and she was clearly better...that would make more sense.

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
Um.. we're getting our Australian version here in a few months too, and IMO this is all just for the TV Networks. I mean honestly if someone's good enough to be a singer, they'd be without this show anyway. :confused: So there's no fair or unfair in this situation, just TV Ratings, methinks.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I think it's a little more complex than that, Sam L, as there are thousands of people who are 'good enough' to be singers out there who'll never have the luck of being at the right place at the right time (which is what these shows can sometimes provide). But you're also right about TV ratings, because these shows are immensely popular, and the more money the producers can make out of the top two or three - rather than just the winner - the better for them.

Mccardel, it's also more complicated than simply 'Ruben won, so he should reap all of the rewards'. Clay was simply too popular to ignore, so of course every effort will be made to ensure his success (just as happened in the UK version, where Gareth Gates was promoted even more than the winner, Will Young). I'm sure the personal preferences of the record company bigwigs come into play, as well, just as in the UK version (Simon Cowell was very obvious in his preference for Gareth Gates and his company is behind the signing of Ruben and Clay).

The bottom line, though, is that they're very different artists, so each should (with a little luck and thoughtful promotion) find their own niche and success.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I see nothing wrong with Clay getting a record deal and all (we know the AI and record people are out to maximize their dollars - and Clay was pretty good) but I do see something wrong with them both being promoted together. I mean for the first few days after the competition was over, you couldn't watch a morning show without the 2 of them together. I mean, Ruben won but you'd hardly know it watching those shows. The thing about releasing their singles on the same day is also sucky. Shouldn't the winner get "winner treatment" and have his single released first? I mean by at least a month too.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yup, Ruben should get a fair kick at the can before Clay's single is released...(are their singles really being released on the very same day?). Even in the UK, Will Young's releases were staggered with Gareth's, so there was a gap between them. Perhaps the US market is big enough to allow for both Clay and Ruben to have success with simultaneous releases, but I agree that's not really promoting Ruben as the winner of the whole thing :rolleyes:

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
53,292 Posts
i thought last season runner up justin also had just released his album.. perhaps a month after kellys cd was on sell..

i truly think that ruben and clay releasing on the same time is fine

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Sashta LixFe said:
i thought last season runner up justin also had just released his album.. perhaps a month after kellys cd was on sell..

i truly think that ruben and clay releasing on the same time is fine
Well yeah that too. Justin's album plus Ruben and Clay's singles have all been released this week. Just too much in my opinion. It steps all over the toes of this year's "winner." Not right.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
OMG Reben Was the winner and should have won. Clay was a good singer but not better than Reben, even white people like Reben more than Clay and Reben won. PERIOD. People wanna hear a sultry voice not a puny one like clay Dont give that phone line crap either :rollseyes:. You are completely right Maccardel

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
I can't believe Ruben is covering a Westlife song.

That is wrong on so many levels.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe Ms. Universe could share the duties with the runner-up since the runner up was just as popular...

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
OH what does it matter anyway. Kim Locke should have won the whole damn thing anyway and no one is throwing a fit over her!!!!!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Why are both American Idol finalists releasing cover versions as their first single while last years winner, Kelly Clarkson, recorded an original song?

"Flying Without Wings" is just a silly song to be covering anyway, and "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" isn't really worth buying, even if it's by Clay or by anyone else.

What's amazing to me is that a talented fat guy can win the whole damned thing, yet a talented fat chick would probably be eliminated within the first few rounds.

And Clay is UUUUUGLY. Before and after his makeover, that's a homely mug only a mother could love. Blergh.

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
53,292 Posts
BigB08822 said:
OH what does it matter anyway. Kim Locke should have won the whole damn thing anyway and no one is throwing a fit over her!!!!!
I'm sooooo agree with this post :worship: Go Kim Locke

·
Team WTAworld, Superskyderen
13,888 Posts
veryborednow said:
I can't believe Ruben is covering a Westlife song.

That is wrong on so many levels.
I agree... *shivers*

Fantastic said:
And Clay is UUUUUGLY. Before and after his makeover, that's a homely mug only a mother could love. Blergh.
Note to self: Take a DEEEEEEP breath... ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts