Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
10,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grossly underestimating Serena? Like when they said that players play to hard against her- harder than they need to play to win points against her? Or when they say that Amelie and Justine and Maria have the ability to beat Serena (w/o her beating herself) if she was playing well? Or that she does not practice that much and her desire is questionable? How do they know this? Both Tennis Channel commentators seemed very negative and almost bitter today.

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
Justine and Maria do have the ability to beat Serena when she's playing well--especially Justine.

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
Grossly underestimating Serena? Like when they said that players play to hard against her- harder than they need to play to win points against her? Or when they say that Amelie and Justine and Maria have the ability to beat Serena (w/o her beating herself) if she was playing well? Or that she does not practice that much and her desire is questionable? How do they know this? Both Tennis Channel commentators seemed very negative and almost bitter today.
Yes, they underestimate her. Oh Lord, how they underestimate her! Boy oh boy, is Serena underestimated or what?!

·
10,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and I am getting so sick of Ted robinson's snide little remarks :( listen to his commentary during Serena's matches and you can hear it in the questions he asks and his statements.

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
what about ana ivanovic? :rolleyes:
She does too, seeing as, statistically, she serves and hits as hard as Serena. Serena moves better and will beat Ana more often than not, but I've said it before and I'll say it again: Serena is not invinceable even when she's playing well. When she's playing in the zone, she's untouchable; when she's playing well she's the best player in the world, but she's not invinceable.

·
10,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
She does too, seeing as, statistically, she serves and hits as hard as Serena. Serena moves better and will beat Ana more often than not, but I've said it before and I'll say it again: Serena is not invinceable even when she's playing well. When she's playing in the zone, she's untouchable; when she's playing well she's the best player in the world, but she's not invinceable.
alright mboyle :yeah:

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Yeah Navratilova was saying all these things today while commentating on her match. She must live with Serena 24/7 to know these as facts. :rolleyes:

·
10,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well just keep doing it. There is nothing I can do- Craig. You started this. I bet that you could do whatever you wanted and you would get away with it. :shrug: Oh well. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts