Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I got her last name right. :eek: Anyway, do you think all this threads about karolina are excessive. I really would like to like her, but some of her fans are over-hyping her too much. Guys, take it easy. Don't make us an anti-fan.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
lol....why not? we need something to talk about....and we've been hyping her for a while now, and look what happened! Besides it's not like it will affect her cause she'll never even know about all the fanatacism (sp) we have!

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
I've been following her since Challengers, and now's she's finally making a BIG dent in the WTA, so yeah - I'm gonna hype her up all I can. :)

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
she deserves the hype..most people are just starting to hear about her, but us Challenger thread die hards have know about her for months...so the hype is not coming out of no where...its been brewing for a while :)

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I never saw her play till now.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
not at all.. look at her results!! i never saw her but sure she's gonna be good

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
everything always has to come back to a williams...LOL

·
Tart with a Heart
15,747 Posts
I was at the match today, and was pleased to finally see her play as I've been following her progress in the challengers for a while.

Definitely at the moment she's getting too much hype, and I think that if it doesnt stop for a while, it will affect her game. She has a great game, but what really struck me today was her inexperience. She has a lot to learn about patience and timing and strategy, and those who are hyping her now are gonna have a bit of a wait for her to really crack the big time. I dont doubt that she will do it though, she hits the ball beautifully (very hard) and is really working her way up (I like the way she's stuck to the challenger circuit, not taken wild cards, and performed consistently well).

She will have just broken into the top 100 after this week, and I think thats about the right figure for her right now. Her performance today was good but very inconsistent, and she'll now have to work on the consistency as she'll be playing higher ranked players week in week out. I'm a bit reluctant to make a whole judgement of her play after seeing only one match, and she must have been playing well to beat Dokic and Zvonareva, but she'll have to even better to keep climbing. She will though, just dont expect too much too soon :)

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Rebecca said:
Oh *yawn*

In this case it's quite relevant to eta psi's opinion.
Oh *yawn* see my LOL...

i know u can be a lil slow sometimes...so I'll let it slide :p

·
7,996 Posts
Jon....of course she is inexperienced...this is her first WTA tournament where she got past the first round! Were not expecting her to go out and now win Wimbledon or anything..... but even with her inexperience she made it to the FINAL, beating a top 10 player, and hot hot player on the cusp of top 20....from what your saying about her form, it sounds like #100 is where she belongs, and if that's so, where do Dokic and Vera belong after they both lost to her.....bah she was tired anyway.....all her matches have been 3 sets so far (except maybe her match against golovin?) and she had to play qualies...and she took Silvia (#26) to 3 sets....I really don't see how you can she belongs at around #100....

·
7,996 Posts
not to mention beating Elena L. (top 40) in fed cup and takinh Myskina to 3 (top 11)

·
7,996 Posts
ok...lol..I couldn't remember if it was or not... =)
but I think someone said she played 21 sets in like 8 days...ouchies!

·
Tart with a Heart
15,747 Posts
Rtael: there wasn't anything derogatory in my post about her at all, you're completely misinterpreting what I said. I've been following her career and I hope she does exceptionally well (which I have already stated I think she will), but I think that SOME PEOPLE are expecting a bit much too soon. Of course she's had an incredible time, and has played very very well. I'm saying that needs to work now to consolidate her new position, and is going to find it hard initially to step it up day in day out. The only way is up, but she's going to start going up more slowly now as she gets closer to the top...thats all I meant.

·
Registered
32,313 Posts
she deserves it and it is not getting to her! she is very mentally tough, i mean, to beat dokic and then not falter at all and to come back from a set down to beat maja and vera - that takes a lot of maturity. and it was her first final so she must have been very nervouse. i'm proud of her! unlike other players, she didn't go around taking wild cards left and right, she earned her ranking the hard way. she could be the future of tennis. it is great that jon saw the potential in her!

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Rebecca said:
I can be slow? How about yourself? Frankly your "joke" was boring and played. But hey, don't let me stop you from patting yourself on the back.
rebecca lets not mince words...u posted a dumb ass post and I responded...played or boring...my point was valid...no patting self on back here...thats what you do best to yourself...

Fuck off...I aint in the mood to banter with your "try too hard ass"

Reactions: switz
1 - 20 of 25 Posts