Tennis Forum banner

Do you think Jelena Jankovic will win a grand slam in 2007?

• Yes

Votes: 63 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 202 76.2%
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
11,582 Posts
No. I think she has the potential to reach QF in each of the remaining slams (and possibly SF), but I really don't see her winning one.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
as long as serena,pova,momo,justine,nicole,venus are playing in the same tournament she has no chance.
I say she has a chance if Serena, Shriek, Justine all loose. I don't know about Mauresmo. It depends on how Amelie's comeback after her surgery goes.

I think Jelena might be able to take Vaidisova and Venus (again).

·
Registered
10,890 Posts
I voted no. She could get a lucky draw, but otherwise she'd have to completely elevate her play. I do think she is capable of winning one in the future if she works to improve her game...especially her serve.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Well... it can happen if she has good luck on her draw. You know, we can have a surprise winner even in GS,....., like Serena AO this year, Myskina FO a few years back.

I guess there's no consistent top players right now,... so it's pretty possible if one has a good luck in the draw then,... almost any top 10 players can win a GS.
I think that was not the case in the past. At that time they got to beat at least two very consistent top players,.. Lindsay and Martina,... that was real task... but not now.

It's pretty open for now..... so, go girls!
:bounce:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Oh, I forgot one thing. Ana Ivanovic is becoming her kind of nemesis. So, if she don't have Ana in her section, then she'll have much more chance. ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
She does not have the mind set of a champion....yet. She has time to stop being so emotional when she plays and stay focused.

·
Registered
23,442 Posts
I doubt it. She plays too passively sometimes and comes out flat too often.

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
I'll have to agree with those who think that her chances are slim to none existing.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Speed demons like Justine, Kim, and Petrova causes problems for her. I think she is one of the few players that like bashers such as Venus than those speedsters.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts