Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,803 Posts
No idea.

I don't play tennis, so I really don't know if a player's serve can actually be "fixed". I've asked this question about 10.000 times to the experts in here, and never got an answer.

Because if she could have done something about it, and yet the serve remains the same after all these years as a pro, we're talking a very high degree of certifiable l00niness from her.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,008 Posts
Well, to take your thread of bad intentions seriously, I think she works at it but just can't get it right.

It is now powerful, and she can muster up a few aces every so often, but she does have her bad days, such as this entire tournament so far. I don't think she's happy with it, but don't expect to see her with a good serve anytime soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,803 Posts
UDACHi said:
I think she works at it but just can't get it right.
We all know she works at it. Or maybe it's something she says at interviews to dodge the questions about the serve.

Anyway, this is not the point. My question has always been the same, and no one answers it directly. So I ask again.

CAN A TECHNICALLY FLAWED SERVE BE CORRECTED THROUGH PROPER COACHING, EVEN LATE IN THE CAREER OF A PRO?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,305 Posts
lol i dunno she is trying and like others have said its alot more powerful than it was and she has had some excellent service performances this year

... and also some awful ones yet the girl can still win!

Her groundies are undoubtedly the best on tour! :banana:
 

·
Captain of the SS Dementieva
Joined
·
15,125 Posts
shes hitting 2 first serves now ,she needs to take some off the second ,its TOO hard ,somedays it works ,like Tokyo final ,and some days its crap ,but she still wins a lot even with it..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,122 Posts
Corswandt said:
We all know she works at it. Or maybe it's something she says at interviews to dodge the questions about the serve.

Anyway, this is not the point. My question has always been the same, and no one answers it directly. So I ask again.
:lol: Corswandt, you don't want to be like tennisjay and try blinding people with using large bold letters...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
bellascarlett said:
:lol: Corswandt, you don't want to be like tennisjay and try blinding people with using large bold letters...
Large bold letters... Whoa, pretty.

:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Actually, the main proble of Elena's serve is in her head that's why she lacks consistency. As Davenport said in a previous interview, there's nothing wrong with her serve during practice. She just can't execute it most of the time during her matches. She just needs to have confidence and a little faith in her serve.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,074 Posts
I don't see why she has so much trouble, she has so much money, why not get some tips from a pro serving coach?? Serve it flat, anything, just don't spin it to the forehand every single time!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,803 Posts
bellascarlett said:
:lol: Corswandt, you don't want to be like tennisjay and try blinding people with using large bold letters...
I'm making progress. People are now replying to my post. Maybe one day some generous soul will actually reply to the question in it.

I envy tennisjay. His/her hatred gives a meaning to what must otherwise be a pretty sad and pathetic existence. It sure beats having to find meaning in stuff that actually requires some effort to achieve, like money, a career, sex or true love. Hatred even > religion, because you don't have to attend all those boring ceremonies, fulfil all those stupid and useless ritual interdictions, and pretend you care about someone who any person who isn't completely bonkers knows never existed. Hatred = solace.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,803 Posts
RJWCapriati05 said:
I don't see why she has so much trouble, she has so much money, why not get some tips from a pro serving coach??
And stop following Mommy Vera's advice? NEVER!

RJWCapriati05 said:
Serve it flat, anything, just don't spin it to the forehand every single time!!
Lena no longer slices in her second serve.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,542 Posts
I really do think she cares, if you work hard you can fix it, i know she cares and works hard on her serve from what she has said in the past, it really has improved from what it used to be
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,122 Posts
Corswandt said:
I'm making progress. People are now replying to my post. Maybe one day some generous soul will actually reply to the question in it.

I envy tennisjay. His/her hatred gives a meaning to what must otherwise be a pretty sad and pathetic existence. It sure beats having to find meaning in stuff that actually requires some effort to achieve, like money, a career, sex or true love. Hatred even > religion, because you don't have to attend all those boring ceremonies, fulfil all those stupid and useless ritual interdictions, and pretend you care about someone who any person who isn't completely bonkers knows never existed. Hatred = solace.
:haha: :lol: I love it... :kiss:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,008 Posts
Cornswandt said:
I'm making progress. People are now replying to my post. Maybe one day some generous soul will actually reply to the question in it.
I do recall replying to a thread you posted about Krajicek some time ago. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,674 Posts
Yes, I think she needs to be injured, out of the game for awhile and then come back with a better serve, :lol: ala Hingis
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,803 Posts
UDACHi said:
I do recall replying to a thread you posted about Krajicek some time ago. :lol:
I had to bump that thread, since it had sank to page 2 or 3, before someone replied to it.

The only way to get some attention around here is to start a thread on Masha. "Here, haters haters haters... Here haters haters haters..."

Now that I got the lame jokes out of the way, how about replying, to the best of your knowledge, to the "large bold letters"?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,008 Posts
Well, it looks technically better, for sure. It's definitely very mental. I don't see Elena ever developing her serve into a weapon or anything to be envied, frankly.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top