Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
34,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the point is, I really like her, she's my favourite player and that will remain forever that way. :worship: :bounce:
The first time I jumped in here I was surprised because there were much more Conchi fans than I could ever imagine, I mean, I knew she was known but as soon as I saw other posters from around the world supported her as well I was nicely surprised.
On the other hand she doesn't seem to be a very marketable player as others (deserved or not :devil: ) are........
So...........
BTW :wavey: to all Conchi fans in here :p

·
Registered
17,938 Posts
I was surprised to see so many Conchita fans here, too!! :eek:

But no, I would not call Conchita a really popular player in the USA. I am sure she has played to many empty stadiums here, in early rounds. :mad:

But the fans she does have here are great ones! We really, really appreciate her, and are thrilled about the year she is having. :hearts:

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
there was an interview once with her in the tennismagazin after she won wimbledon but most of the interview was explaining why she didn't want to talk :eek: (not written in a bad way though, the journalist even understood her)

I guess when you are not number 1 and you want to be marketable then you either have to look like a model, or have a big mouth
conchita missed both(btw that's not to insult her, not having a big mouth is good and not looking like a barbie even better)

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I like her when she gives tremendous problems to power players back then. You could really feel how frustrated those power players before with all those moon balls and deep slices being thrown at them.:haha:

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I've grown to like her in recent years, as during my favourite era of tennis (10-5 years ago) I had too many others to cheer for, but I've never disliked her. I always think its a pleasure to watch someone who truly has their own style, even if its not 'pretty tennis'. From what I gather, lesbians quite like her ;)

·
Diosa Contable
2,945 Posts
Popular? :unsure:

In what planet? ;)

No, Conchita is not popular. I think she enjoys that fact and that she has done everything in her hands to stay that way. I would say that she is appreciated though. She has a moderate level of support everywhere she goes and the knowledgeable tennis fans like her game and enjoy her attitude.

Many people say she is boring. She is anything but. She has more shots than 99% of the girls on the tour and a very funny on court attitude.

And hi to all the Conchita fans :D there's quite a few of us here! ;)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Conchi is popular in the UK - I think the support she got in Eastbourne was great,

Yet she has never received the full appreciation she deserves, but Conchi likes that - she has had an amazing career whilst also being able to keep her private life private. :D

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I agree with those last comments. One group of people she's not popular with is ball boys/girls...she's infuriating!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I liked her too... :worship:

Maybe not popular.. but I think a lot of people admired the way she plays tennis.

We don't get too much tennis coverage here... but saw her match against Navratilova on TV... a few years back...
Became a fan since then... :)

:lick: :lick: :lick: :bounce: :lick: :lick: :lick: :bounce: :lick: :lick: :lick:

·
Diosa Contable
2,945 Posts
JonBcn said:
I agree with those last comments. One group of people she's not popular with is ball boys/girls...she's infuriating!
Hehehe, she makes them work so hard, doesn't she? you'd imagine someone would tell the kids before the match that she WANTS the same ball if she wins the point :D ;)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
15,169 Posts
I like Conchita! :)

Reactions: galadriel

·
Registered
19,365 Posts
yes she is very popular.

·
Registered
34,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I see the position of many here is that she's got the level of popularity she wants to.... as it's her intention to be known but not in the lime light ... but she could have had a bit more of support from sport companies..... is it the price discrete players must pay ????? Maybe it's because of the time she was shining more, if she were now 19 or 20 and would she have more popularity as nowadays we can see players keeping her life appart of the tour and still with lots of popularity or whatever you call it.................
:lol: This sounds like an ethic speech more than a post in wtaworld:lol:

·
Banned
1,632 Posts
Wassup propi! :wavey:

Gallofa said:
Popular? :unsure:

In what planet? ;)

No, Conchita is not popular. I think she enjoys that fact and that she has done everything in her hands to stay that way. I would say that she is appreciated though. She has a moderate level of support everywhere she goes and the knowledgeable tennis fans like her game and enjoy her attitude.

Many people say she is boring. She is anything but. She has more shots than 99% of the girls on the tour and a very funny on court attitude.

And hi to all the Conchita fans :D there's quite a few of us here! ;)
Preach! :worship: That exactly how I see Miss Conchi! Folk may cheer for other players more than her but Miss Conchi get mad respect from everybody cuz she a Wimbeldon champion and was #2 at one point.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts