Tennis Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with you. Even though I am a huge capriati fan, I couldn't help but feel she entered Shanghai in hopes of ending her tournament drought... With the win at the US Open, she will definitely take a breather. Perhaps even into the Championships since she dislikes the indoor tournaments so much.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
It depends on if she loses this evening. I think she will go to China if she loses to Justine. If she makes and wins the final, then I do see her withdrawing from Shanghai. I was thrilled to see Jennifer win the Pilot Pen and end that tournament drought. I hope that she takes the US Open title too.

BTW, when did Shanghai become a tier 2 event? Wasn't it a tier 4 event last year? Will last year's players have more or less points to defend?

·
Registered
18,035 Posts
i tihnk for her it will be worthy, at least she could get a title.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I think the WTA tour is probably making her. They have commitments to fulfill for each tournament, and Capriati is very high on the gold exempt list so she at least takes care of some of them.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Jen went all the way from the US to the middle east for one tournament in February before a month long stint in the US, so maybe she will. Maybe she has not played there before and wants to absorb the culture and relax there for a bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.