Tennis Forum banner

Do you think Amelie will at one point be number 1 this year???

• yes

Votes: 101 85.6%
  • no

Votes: 17 14.4%
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would love her to be number 1 again ,especially now that she has won the YEC and the AO! :)

Allez Momo! :bounce:

·
Banned
9,219 Posts
She has her best chance yet. She didn't perform that well last year, and so can pick up a lot of points this year, especially with this new found confidence. She lost quite early in places like doha, berlin, FO, Moscow, Indian wells, Eastbourne... and a few other places, and she can do much better in these places. So definetly she is in with a chance.

Her only real threat, is that greaty, play everything - Clijsters. If Clijsters does well in Antwerp, and plays in palces like Dubai, and Doha - she could make life harder for Amelie. But Clijsters has Indian wells and Miami to defend, and her physical fitness is in question.

I think Amelie will do it, and she can stay there much longer this year. I think she will. I really think she will, but we have to be patient.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Well maybe after Miami, Kim does not have alot to defend until IW and Miami, Amélie does Paris Final, Antwerp winner, SF doha or dubai, I don't think Amélie is playing IW and does not play any tournements on Green clay, so I think she will probably reach #1 before Wimbledon.

·
Banned
9,219 Posts
Amelie should play IW. She lost in the second round! She can surely only gain point there.

And oh look - 100% yes! :eek:

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Marshmallow said:
Amelie should play IW. She lost in the second round! She can surely only gain point there.

And oh look - 100% yes! :eek:
I don't think she has ever really performed well there, I always get the impression with Amélie in March she is just hanging around waiting for the European clay court season to start. :lol:

·
Registered
13,192 Posts
I don't want Amélie playing a huge amount of tournaments to get the no.1 ranking. She has been injury free for a while *knocks on wood* but she was always suseptible to injuries. If it's meant to happen it will but I don't think she should chase it.

·
Registered
52,357 Posts
I hope so...but must we make this kind of poll so soon :p:shrug:

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
it depends on a lot of things. if clijsters comes back and defends her points, no, if not, i think her and mary pierce will fight for the number one through the first half of the year.

·
Registered
321 Posts
she will indeed! but i dont like to say when coz i aint gonna jinx her. shes already really close to it so hopefully soon. it would be ace though if she was number1 say around wimby!!

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I think she's got a great chance...that girl has game! :eek:

:wavey:

·
Registered
12,560 Posts
Maybe but I said yes

1 - 20 of 53 Posts