• Yes

Votes: 66 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 12.0%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
26,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Choosing "Yes" means that you are able to play the basic shots and to play proper matches (and that you HAVE played some). It doesn't matter how good or bad you are or that you are currently not playing because of having no time or being injured/lazy/sick of it/ etc.

Choosing "No" either means that you have never stepped onto a tennis court, or that you have only tried hitting some shots a few times, or that you have had some lessons but didn't go further.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I am and I know I am good, I just dont have enough time to concentrate on it and play tournaments. I just played every weekends.
I wish I could play tournaments again.

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
I play :) I'm not bad but do get stressed out in matches :D Played quaterfinal this week, but lost. Will be playing singles and doubles in august and spatember (3 tournaments)

Reactions: Dava

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
I dont go to a club, but I will son join. I can play basic shots, and have played matches with my friends, none of which I can remember loosing.

Reactions: fleemke³

·
Registered
15,448 Posts
i play and i play well. i represent my college, against other private colleges and i rock!

my forte is dubs cuz its better when i have someone else doing some of the work as well. but i'm good at singles as well. i wont be able to play in the pro circuit thats for sure,, but i'm SURE i can beat players like elke clijsters and anna smashnova.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I play a lot of tennis and I'm competitive in Nova Scotian provincial events and I'm pretty successful winning a couple titles this year.

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
I LURVE playing tennis...I love the competitiveness it stirs up in me. I had been watching tennis for quite awhile and I always wanted to play (I had convinced myself that I couldn't). I got a racquet for Xmas 4 years ago and I went out and just started playing anyone on the public courts(who would) and taught myself that way. I was getting really good and I started to conceal the fact that I was a beginner. I hit against a board to practice my strokes and I would then go and play others. I watched tennis obsessively so I was learning that way too...I then took some clinics and found a real serve...lol

I would play all the time if I could!!!! I just got some lazy ass friends :tape:

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Tennis is definitely my sport. I practice very hard with my coach and my goal is to make the varsity team of my highschool next year (our tennis is too competitive :p). I want to play tennis in college and want to play some satellites in a few years also.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Three times a week. I spend one night in a group lesson, one night in a private lesson and one day playing matches. Wish I started when I was a lot younger though :sad: I'm not that bad, and I'm left handed, so it throws a lot of people off.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
[email protected] claiming she'd beat Anna Pistolesi! :lol:
You underestimate the level of the tour sooo much.
She's been as high as #14 you know.
She hits harder than you expect and she would get every single one of your shots back. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
I played 3 tourny in the summer (1 mixed and 2 singles)

1 QF of doubles
1 1st rnd lose in singles
1 retiring match at 3-1 in the first set (twist my ankle in the warming up)

I'll play another single event in september and one/two mixed

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
VCR said:
i play and i play well. i represent my college, against other private colleges and i rock!

my forte is dubs cuz its better when i have someone else doing some of the work as well. but i'm good at singles as well. i wont be able to play in the pro circuit thats for sure,, but i'm SURE i can beat players like elke clijsters and anna smashnova.
Elke would double baggle you! lol ;)

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
I play...and I'm pretty good, I think. I have been playing almost every day.

I play with at a club. We only have 1 tournament there every year...and it's later this month. If I'm not playing a club member, I play my brothers.

My weapon are my return of serve and forehand. My weakness is my backhand.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
4.5 usta

·
Genie Bouchard of TF
108,476 Posts
i play
and i play for my local-Team
we are at the lowest devision, and i playing on the lowest spot in my team
now you know how good i am

but i lost just one match this year for my team :D