Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 46 82.1%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not at the pro level, obviously, or even at university.

Were you/are you a recreational player, at least a cople times a year?

I don't play baseball. I don't play basketball. But I fancy I know a bit about those sports. Playing a sport doesn't make you good at discussing it. This is more about getting a take of the population of this forum.

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
Yes, I play tennis. I like hitting ground strokes the most. I don't like serving.

The only other sport I follow is Figure Skating. I can ice skate a little but not very well. I would like to skate better. Obviously I will never do jumps but I do know about them and watch and can judge them. One day I would like to be able to do some things like spread eagles and spirals. So I know what you mean. The difference of course is I do know a bit of Ballet and Music too and all those things combine in Figure Skating.

I think it'll be hard or boring to talk about a sport without either playing it or having a considerable amount of interest in different aspects of it.

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
The two sports I am most passionate about are soccer and tennis. I played soccer into my 30s, coached and have a son who played at club level.

I'm a 3.0 tennis player, officiate and have a son who competes in ZAT (lowest level of USTA junior tennis).

So I agree more with Sam. I follow these sports more closely because I'm far more tuned into the nuances and sublties of the game and can appreciate them on a whole different level. I've watched 0-0 football matches that were nailbiters and 6-0, 6-2 tennis matches that were vastly entertaining. Baseball and basketball put me to sleep, but I'm sure that's largely because I don't understand much about them other than the fact that one involves hitting a ball with a stick and the other involves throwing a ball through a hoop and doesn't allow slide tackling as I found out the first season my older son tried basketball. (The look on the other kid's face was priceless, though).

I do like American football even though I never played it after junior high school, but growing up in Texas you pick it up by osmosis. I guess if I'd grown up in Indiana I'd have gotten basketball the same way.

·
Most Loved Member
11,182 Posts
Nope, never.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
I took a couple of lessons, but I've never been good at it. I can hoop, play volleyball, and hockey though.

Tennis is still my favorite sport to watch. Basketball is my favorite sport to play followed by volleyball.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I've played play tennis since I was 10. My NTRP is 4.5. I need to work on my serve and backhand. I just love playing tennis. I hope I'll never get seriously injured cause I can't imagine my life without tennis!!!

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
I play tennis I've been playing since I was 9. Im decent.
My serve is horrible though, and Im prone to choking (I gave a was a 5-1 40-15 lead and lost)
Im streaky also, I can be on fire for one minute the play like crap the next.

I follow track and field, and gymnastics though. I ♥ track so much I ran it for 2 years I did the hurdles. I love marion jones, lauryn williams, gail devers, evelyn ashford, and so many others. I just love that sport so much.

In gymnastics I like shawn johnson (she is so cute) and Daiane Dos Santos(arabian Queen). Im yound but I watched of vintage gymnastics from the 90's like Dominique Dawes, Shannon Miller. Dominique Dawes created the best floor routine ever (1992 excercise with that second pass with the punch fron :drool:)

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
I play tennis I've been playing since I was 9. Im decent.
My serve is horrible though, and Im prone to choking (I gave a was a 5-1 40-15 lead and lost)
Im streaky also, I can be on fire for one minute the play like crap the next.
Your name says Ree and Vee, but your games says Lena D! :p ;) :lol:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I play Tennis since I'm 6 years old and now I'm 16 so Tennis is really my hobby and I also do tournaments.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts