Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18,949 Posts
Perhaps most obvious gripe is that the colour palette is a little extreme for many. I share the same sentiment. Also designation of spaces between posts felt more natural in the previous format (or current format here).

·
Registered
28,774 Posts
Perhaps most obvious gripe is that the colour palette is a little extreme for many. I share the same sentiment. Also designation of spaces between posts felt more natural in the previous format (or current format here).
This. Is it going to happen to TF as well? I hope not

·
Registered
18,949 Posts
This. Is it going to happen to TF as well? I hope not
I have no idea. MTF admins were notified a few weeks before the update. I imagine it might apply to this forum as well, since an upgrade was applied to both forums 3 years ago. The reason they'd implement would be improved "security" and up to date "functionality" I suspect, certainly as far as mobile is concerned.

@AdeyC might have some idea being an admin.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
I don't mind it cause I use the forum from tapatalk mainly. But it is moving faster and the dark mode is good

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I'm a bit lost where to find my notifs but it isn't too bad

·
Administrator
62,408 Posts
As said above it was going to happen during the US Open. But after mentioning the time of year with it being during a slam and therefore one of the busiest times for the forum it was then postponed.

For obvious reasons I have little to do with that place but I had a look at their upgrade to see what it involved and what the differences were.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I like it for the most part and they are actively fixing many of the things that we are complaining about so it's not even like a final product yet.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Hate how much waste of space there is. On the mobile view you can see 4 threads on the display, while here it is 9. When you enter a thread, there are ads in between posts that look like regular posts at first glance. There are "Recommended Reading" suggestions at the bottom of pages. Half of the page is spam.

Only the "enhanced mobile view" here on TF is even worse I think.

Attachments

·
Shovel Yourself Out Of The Shit
25,009 Posts
Dark mode improves readability significantly for me.

But there seems to be a huge amount of screen space afforded to advertisements; kind of distracting, and limits the quantity of substantive content readable at any one time...

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Another site that kills the desktop version for the sake of mobile/tablet one.I rarely ever use the mobile to browse this forum.

The new look is beyond awful.And i thought that last update here was bad.This will be the nail on the coffin for this forum.I spent 3 minutes in tennisforum and got a headache.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts