Tennis Forum banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
You haven't seen me first thing in the morning or last thing at night! And I wouldn't want you to, and I bet you wouldn't want to see it either!;):lol:
Im sure thats not the case at all.

Here's hoping. :lol:

I used to be dreadfully shy when it came to getting undressed in front of others. I remember during grade school when I would change in the farther corner of the locker room when getting dressed for gym.

I'm a lot more comfortable these days, which I think came from a summer sublet in a house near campus a couple summers ago. There were actual mushrooms growing in the corners of the shower!

So, I refused to shower in the house, and would walk across to the University gym to shower, which is an old school open showers, no stalls. I got over it quick.

When fall came, and the lacrosse and swimmers came back. :drool:

Not that I looked, obviously. :angel:
Mushrooms growing in the corner? ahahahah.

Open showers? That would get rid of any shyness pretty quick.

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
I guess it depends on where you grew up and your age....

In Germany and Austria, we have mixed-gender saunas and it's more or less an obligation to be naked in the sauna, no matter if man or woman.

Try this in the States and it will get you deported instantly.

Then I used to be kinda shy when I was an adolescent, but that has all gone. I'm not even 100% comfortable with my body, but I am not shy going to saunas, taking showers in the gym or sunbatthe nude, where it's allowed.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
I guess it depends on where you grew up and your age....

In Germany and Austria, we have mixed-gender saunas and it's more or less an obligation to be naked in the sauna, no matter if man or woman.

Try this in the States and it will get you deported instantly.

Then I used to be kinda shy when I was an adolescent, but that has all gone. I'm not even 100% comfortable with my body, but I am not shy going to saunas, taking showers in the gym or sunbatthe nude, where it's allowed.
I have heard that saunas are mixed in germanys....The germans are certainly a bit more liberal compared to their european counterparts. I want to come to Germany now :)

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Mushrooms growing in the corner? ahahahah.

Open showers? That would get rid of any shyness pretty quick.
Yeah, it was the most disgusting situation I had ever heard. I never actually saw the said mushrooms, my roomie told me and I was like, GOING ACROSS THE STREET.

I had to decide very quickly, am I shy, or am I clean. I chose cleanliness. :lol:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Yeah, it was the most disgusting situation I had ever heard. I never actually saw the said mushrooms, my roomie told me and I was like, GOING ACROSS THE STREET.

I had to decide very quickly, am I shy, or am I clean. I chose cleanliness. :lol:
Before you know it insects would be growing there too, lol.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Before you know it insects would be growing there too, lol.
It was a quick 3 month sublet, that I left after 2 months. :lol: That's what I got for not looking for housing until the last week of the semester. :tape:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Just the other week I was using a public toilets and thought thoughts door was locked behind me but much to my horror I seen the door knob turn and then the door open.

I was standing with my pants down and a look of horror, he stood there for 5 seconds then left 😁

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
I walked into some guy in a mcdonalds bathroom with his pants down and a lot of toilet paper around his weener. Dunno what happened there.

·
Milk and honey
3,400 Posts
This thread 😭

I agree with one poster especially though, I'm definitely not comfortable to be completely naked or even close in public, even on a beach, but I enjoy wearing short shorts, tighter fitting t shirts, low cut stuff etc. I love dressing up but I'm at my happiest on a beach wearing relatively little. There's something funny about being comfortable, even more confident, wearing skimpy or revealing clothes, but then the act of having them all off, for me anyway, is something else pretty impossible altogether 😂 I can go topless now that I am reasonably slim, but nothing more. I kinda admire anyone brave enough to though, especially if what is on show is visually appealing 🙊

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I'm comfortable in my own skin and don't mind being naked - like in my house and i'm not afraid to get naked in the locker room or gym showers. However, i wouldn't ever want to be naked on a beach, i just don't get it. I cant imagine it being comfortable...

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
I've become more comfortable with it after my time in Vancouver. They have the best nude beach in North America (Wreck Beach), and I've spent many a summer Sundays there. Most of my friends have no problem dropping trou, and the fact that there are booze and shrooms vendors roaming around definitely helps with losing your inhibitions. Can't think of a better place and way to watch a sunset, it's magical.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
This thread 😭

I agree with one poster especially though, I'm definitely not comfortable to be completely naked or even close in public, even on a beach, but I enjoy wearing short shorts, tighter fitting t shirts, low cut stuff etc. I love dressing up but I'm at my happiest on a beach wearing relatively little. There's something funny about being comfortable, even more confident, wearing skimpy or revealing clothes, but then the act of having them all off, for me anyway, is something else pretty impossible altogether 😂 I can go topless now that I am reasonably slim, but nothing more. I kinda admire anyone brave enough to though, especially if what is on show is visually appealing 🙊
Good for you that you feel a lot more confident, I also envy people who just don't care.

I've become more comfortable with it after my time in Vancouver. They have the best nude beach in North America (Wreck Beach), and I've spent many a summer Sundays there. Most of my friends have no problem dropping trou, and the fact that there are booze and shrooms vendors roaming around definitely helps with losing your inhibitions. Can't think of a better place and way to watch a sunset, it's magical.
Wreck beach, I didn't realise our Canadian friends had nude beaches. Sounds like an amazing place.

121 - 133 of 133 Posts