Tennis Forum banner

• Yes.

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • No, it's mainly because Martina knows that she can't compete with the current power-tennis and that

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • No, it's mainly because she enjoys life without tennis, as it's not her top priority anymore.

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • No, the main reason is another one: ...

Votes: 3 5.5%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I think the injury is bad, but not as bad as she says it is.

I chose #2. I feel that she quit because she can't compete with the top players.

·
Mean Admin Machine, Admeanistrator
31,158 Posts
i go for option 1 which lead to option 3 after a while

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think she is just the arrogant,snobby person she has always been. Ok so she wants to lead her own life, kudos to her. But people make it sound like that even without the injury, she still would have made the decision to give up tennis to "enjoy life" gimme a break. She doesn't want a serving of whoop-ass basically.

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
The injury is serious, but I think that now that the Williamses are serious about tennis Martina knows that she can hang any longer. That must be hard for a former no.1 to swallow.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
I chose #4. I think Hingis totally ran out of spiritual motivation. It wasn't merely a question of Hingis not being able to beat the Williams, who she obviously had no chance against at all after year 2000. It was a question of being able to beat ANY of the players inside the Top 30 on a consistent basis. If she was still playing, i don't think Hingis could even make it back into the Top 20, let alone back to #1. She realized this and decided to get out while she could still save a bit of face.

·
Registered
14,307 Posts
#2 without a doubt and her mom even said "SHE" GOT OUT IN TIME.

She quit because she got lazy and then it was too late and she didn't wish to fine tune her game. She knows she would have continued to have gotten that ass spanked royally if she continued to hang around.

P.S. if she were truely hurt like she states she never would have come back in the first place.

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
NO NO NO!

If youve been the best since your 16 then its going to be hard accepting your no longer the best. She loves winning more then she loves tennis. I think taking time off to see what its all about is needed.

·
Banned
3,170 Posts
Runningtennisguy said:
I think she is just the arrogant,snobby person she has always been. Ok so she wants to lead her own life, kudos to her. But people make it sound like that even without the injury, she still would have made the decision to give up tennis to "enjoy life" gimme a break. She doesn't want a serving of whoop-ass basically.
I concur.

She's no fool and she knows her reign is over. No one even mentions her anymore anyway.

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Someone should ask my opinion on Martina, I'm amazed no one has.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.