Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do Williams` fans have problems with Jen`s & Lindsay`s fans and the other way round?

All of them, the Williams sisters and Jen and Lindsay have many fans. All four have a great rivalry on the court. I don`t know whether this rivalry is also there off the court but I think despite the fact that they`ll never be best friends they respect each other and each other`s achievements.

I think we can split them in two groups with the Williams sisters on one side and Jen and Lindsay on the other. I personally love Jen and Lindsay but don`t like the Williams sisters. My questions: Do the Williams`fans have problems with Jen`s and Lindsay`s fans and the other way round?
Is it possible to be a fan of both sides e. g. Serena/Venus and Jen or Serena/Venus and Lindsay? :confused:

In my opinion it is difficult to be a fan of both sides. I even think it`s impossible. Don`t get me wrong, I think the Williams have done much for Tennis and the WTA tour and they are great players but they have an attitude on the court e. g. using vulgar vocabulary like Serena in Australia in her match against Emilie Loit or the way they ACT after winning. It is a kind of show and nobody can deny that. They jump all over the court like a small rubber ball and shake hands with each opponent as if they don`t want to touch them.

It seems as if the Williams sisters or even the whole family have a problem with other good and strong players like Jen and Lindsay. I mean Venus changed a bit, she is much more quiet now than in her early years but Serena and father Richard talk the sisters`s opponents down.
Serena overestimates herself when she says she`ll win every match she plays in 2003. We got the proof that this is impossible and I am happy about the fact. Today everything is so close, you can`t dominate the scene like Steffi Graf did. Don`t tell me, Serena didn`t say that, I read it somewhere. :rolleyes:

The attitude of the Williams sisters influences their fans. They can`t cope with other great players who beat the sisters. They can`t cope with other fans who dislike the sisters. They call me "an idiot as every Jen fan" e. g.! :fiery: I don`t think all Williams` fans behave like that but most of them. Most of them are just as arrogant as Serena and Venus are.

That is the fact why I don`t like the sisters and their fans. I respect the achievements of the sisters but not more. I honestly can say that I am happy when either of them loses. They have to notice that there are other players who have a great game and are able to beat them. Jen e. g. played her best matches against Serena. She did better than Venus.
But what did the Williams`fans say? "Do the Williams sisters now own Jen?" - what a stupid question and reaction.

Jen is always able to beat Serena and Venus and so is Lindsay. Jen`s problem is her serve and in close situations she begins to become hectically. She needs to calm herself down and then she`ll beat Serena again. I`m sure! :cool: Lindsay sometimes seems to have given up to try to be a threat for the sisters. Her shots are strong enough to beat both of them. She seems to have a kind of a mental problem especially playing Serena. In their both last matches she woke up in the second set but it was too late to scare Serena.

On this board there are many fans of the sisters and many of Jen and Lindsay. What do both fan groups think of each other? Do you have problems with the fans of the other group? :confused:

Be honest and what is the most important thing: stay factual! Don`t offend the other fan group! All the Williams fans are invited to tell us about their point of view on the Jen and Lindsay fans and the other way round. Perhaps we can try to understand each other better then... :wavey:

Reactions: Keith

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
I don't think there is any correlation between Jen and Lindsay's fans. I also think most Williams fans have a pretty strong respect for Lindsay.

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
Ok... you say the Williams sisters are vulgar for cursing when Jen has done the same thing?

Statements like that MAKE some of those W/S fans that you detest, hate Jen/Lindsay fans like you. I can point out several times Jen has cursed people out on the court.

I personally respect all of their games but the hypocrisy of some of you makes a lot of us have even less respect for you. Don't point out what players a and b do when player c does the exact same thing. This should be as simple as elementary arithmetic.

I like Lindsay a lot and I love Jen's game and neither of their fans are going to make me hate them as people. It takes a mature person to separate a player from their fans. So I guess a lot of you are immature. :eek:

Reactions: Experimentee

·
Premium Member
10,282 Posts
rivalry???????

While it's true that there is a strong but respectful rivalry among the American girls, and often an equally strong one among their fans, I would not say that there is any hostility to these rivalries. I am primarily a Williams sisters fan but I also root for the other girls when the WS are not competing. What upsets me is when there are no American girls in any WTA final!

:worship: USA girls are #1!!!

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
keith read your PM mother fucker! LOL

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
I'd also like to add that there is perceived hostility between the fans. But I think if you're American, you root for your countrymen. Just like the Belgians root for the Belgian sisters.

I think conflict arises right around the time Jen meets Serena. When Lindsay and Serena meet I don't really see nasty threads. I didn't think there was a real issue there so I'm a bit :confused:. Lindsay basically owns Jen (9-2 H2H) and I don't see Lindsay and Jen fans at each other's throats. But Serena has owned Jen since last year and I get the feeling that many Jen fans are pissed about that. Again, I'm :confused:.

I root all USA girls, even the youngin's. Check the sig. :)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
35,539 Posts
Well I do see a rivalry there, but I think WS fans have much of a rivalry with Hingis's fans and Jennifer's fans...I think Lindsay is out of this...

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I'm puzzled by this thread. First of all, I don't think that Lindsay's fans are particularly heated with Venus and/or Serena fans. I also don't see any connection between Jenn and Lindsay fans. I certainly wouldn't clump them into a "camp" together.

The Williams Sisters and Jennifer seem to have the most passionate fans. Maybe it mirrors the players' intensity on the courts. I wouldn't necessarily call it a rivalry amongst the fans. Afterall, we basically do nothing but watch and cheer our faves on. I just wish that sometimes, people would try to get along with each other better. But let petty things go.

As for Lindsay's fans, I think that they are relatively mellow on the whole, the like the player they cheer on. Lindsay is mellow. She is pretty private and seems comfortable with who she is and how she plays. I've never had the impression that Jenn and Lindsay share the same fan base.

In general, I try to cheer all of the players on. Of course, I have my faves, but I also understand that sports involve human beings, and they all put in their all and try their hardest. We, as fans, should enjoy it while it's all happening...because it's pretty damn exciting. :)

Reactions: CanIGetAWhat

·
Veelieve!!!
32,519 Posts
I can't speak for all Williams fans, but Big D (Lindsay) has always been one of my favs :hearts: The only times I find it hard to support her is when she's playing my Venus :p and against another fav of mine-- Miss Monica herself (their head to head is way too one-sided for me). As for Jencap , I just don't care for her waaaaaaaaaaaa :eek:

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
GermanBoy said:
All of them, the Williams sisters and Jen and Lindsay have many fans. All four have a great rivalry on the court. I don`t know whether this rivalry is also there off the court but I think despite the fact that they`ll never be best friends they respect each other and each other`s achievements.

I think we can split them in two groups with the Williams sisters on one side and Jen and Lindsay on the other. I personally love Jen and Lindsay but don`t like the Williams sisters. My questions: Do the Williams`fans have problems with Jen`s and Lindsay`s fans and the other way round?
Is it possible to be a fan of both sides e. g. Serena/Venus and Jen or Serena/Venus and Lindsay? :confused:

In my opinion it is difficult to be a fan of both sides. I even think it`s impossible. Don`t get me wrong, I think the Williams have done much for Tennis and the WTA tour and they are great players but they have an attitude on the court e. g. using vulgar vocabulary like Serena in Australia in her match against Emilie Loit or the way they ACT after winning. It is a kind of show and nobody can deny that. They jump all over the court like a small rubber ball and shake hands with each opponent as if they don`t want to touch them.

It seems as if the Williams sisters or even the whole family have a problem with other good and strong players like Jen and Lindsay. I mean Venus changed a bit, she is much more quiet now than in her early years but Serena and father Richard talk the sisters`s opponents down.
Serena overestimates herself when she says she`ll win every match she plays in 2003. We got the proof that this is impossible and I am happy about the fact. Today everything is so close, you can`t dominate the scene like Steffi Graf did. Don`t tell me, Serena didn`t say that, I read it somewhere. :rolleyes:

The attitude of the Williams sisters influences their fans. They can`t cope with other great players who beat the sisters. They can`t cope with other fans who dislike the sisters. They call me "an idiot as every Jen fan" e. g.! :fiery: I don`t think all Williams` fans behave like that but most of them. Most of them are just as arrogant as Serena and Venus are.

That is the fact why I don`t like the sisters and their fans. I respect the achievements of the sisters but not more. I honestly can say that I am happy when either of them loses. They have to notice that there are other players who have a great game and are able to beat them. Jen e. g. played her best matches against Serena. She did better than Venus.
But what did the Williams`fans say? "Do the Williams sisters now own Jen?" - what a stupid question and reaction.

Jen is always able to beat Serena and Venus and so is Lindsay. Jen`s problem is her serve and in close situations she begins to become hectically. She needs to calm herself down and then she`ll beat Serena again. I`m sure! :cool: Lindsay sometimes seems to have given up to try to be a threat for the sisters. Her shots are strong enough to beat both of them. She seems to have a kind of a mental problem especially playing Serena. In their both last matches she woke up in the second set but it was too late to scare Serena.

On this board there are many fans of the sisters and many of Jen and Lindsay. What do both fan groups think of each other? Do you have problems with the fans of the other group? :confused:

Be honest and what is the most important thing: stay factual! Don`t offend the other fan group! All the Williams fans are invited to tell us about their point of view on the Jen and Lindsay fans and the other way round. Perhaps we can try to understand each other better then... :wavey:
You my friend are the ideal classic representation of a hater. You see you are full of inconsistencies and misconceptions and falsehoods. Shall I point them out for you? How could I not? Lets commence...

First you say....
I think the Williams have done much for Tennis and the WTA tour and they are great players but they have an attitude on the court e. g. using vulgar vocabulary like Serena in Australia in her match against Emilie Loit or the way they ACT after winning. It is a kind of show and nobody can deny that. They jump all over the court like a small rubber ball and shake hands with each opponent as if they don`t want to touch them.

I say wow you must watch jen with the volume down because she is the Queen of the cuss word. So jen gets an exemption for her foul language is that how it works for you? I wonder why that is... Now you hate venus and serena because of how they ACT after winning?

Sounds like your bitter to me. What would YOU find acceptable is not what everyone else may find acceptable. How is waving to the crowd, blowing kisses, or even a freaking twirl disrespectful? Please. People like you are so far in your depths of bitterness when vee or rena crushes your favorite that now you stoop to criticizing the way they blow kissess. Pathetic. Some people may find it RUDE to just walk off the court WITHOUT acknowledging the crowd.

Second you say....It seems as if the Williams sisters or even the whole family have a problem with other good and strong players like Jen and Lindsay.

Really? Is that why serena said in her interview that if she or venus couldn't win the nasdaq that she wanted jen to win it? Sounds like she really has a problem with jen doesn't it? Why she is being SO NASTY!! Whatever. See how blind your hate makes you? You would be so much more credible if you dropped the hypocrisy and just say you dont like them. You dont have to justify yourself with lies because it just makes you look unseemly and petty.

Thirdly you say...Serena overestimates herself when she says she`ll win every match she plays in 2003.

Really, funny because I thought she said she WANTED to win every match not that SHE WOULD. Do you notice the difference? Do you need assitance in the translation to your native language? Is your comprehension on par with the average adult because somehow I find your listening and reading skills lacking. Perhaps a refresher course is in order, wouldn't you say?

Fourth you say....Today everything is so close, you can`t dominate the scene like Steffi Graf did. Don`t tell me, Serena didn`t say that, I read it somewhere.

I say please. Everyone from my grandmother to martina Nav knows that serena IS dominating the game. Why? Where are the four grandslam trophies? They are in her house on the mantle. Who was the last to do that? Steffi. Once again youre a hater so I guess it prevents you from any degree of perspective.

You Say.......The attitude of the Williams sisters influences their fans. They can`t cope with other great players who beat the sisters. They can`t cope with other fans who dislike the sisters. They call me "an idiot as every Jen fan" e. g.! I don`t think all Williams` fans behave like that but most of them. Most of them are just as arrogant as Serena and Venus are.

I had to actually laugh out loud at this. I guess all you jen fans are recovering shopaholic/drug addicts with the propensity to spout off vulgar words at a moments notice? Sorry I couldn't resist. Oh and we can cope with players who beat the sisters because its an ACHIEVEMENT to beat the best. I don't like who have the personality of paste, sorry justine fans, or who are so sickening sweet and subservient she's practically a Stepford Wife, sorry kim fans. I like lindsay. And guess what? I like Jen now that she's off her high horse and has a bit of humility. Maybe thats what she needs to help her focus and win again. Oh and perhaps people call you an idiot because you write like one. Try to correct that, kay?

You Say.....Jen is always able to beat Serena and Venus and so is Lindsay.

Wow the lies just run off your tongue. Always? Always? You can't even say most of the time because the head to head speaks way differently. Do you know what the head to head is? Its a great little concept that tallies the number of times two players play and keeps track of the wins and losses.

Jennifer v Serena Serena leads 8 : 4

jennifer v Venus Venus leads 4 : 0

wow jen must not have gotten that memo about always winning.

lindsay v Serena Serena leads 9 : 2

lindsay v Venus venus leads 11 : 10

lindsay fares better against venus though she has lost the last five times they've played and serena hasn't lost to lindsay since, hmm, the 2000 US Open.

can venus or serena lose to jen or lindsay in the future? of course, even the clippers can beat the lakers some of the time.

well at any rate its nice to see haters like yourself trying to pretend they're not. It tickles me. I also really dont believe you are a lindsay fan at all either but that is my opinion. Perhaps next time you'll dislike someone based on their actions and not the lies you seem to pluck out of thin air.

:wavey:

Cyb

·
Registered
15 Posts
Lil German Boy, seems to me that you are the one with the problem. You speak just like someone that is pissed because your best friend keeps getting his azz kicked by someone he's been talking shyt to.

To even put Lindsey in the same sentence with Jennifer is ludicrous. You just don't like the Williams sisters and is trying to recuit others.
You must be a boy, cause you got a lot to learn honey, the Williams sister celebrate their win cause they are happy,(in cause you didn't know, we black people are emotional like that) and as far as attitude goes, you really shouldn't say anything about cussing cause lil Jennifer should have had her mouth wash out with soap a long time ago, but i don't hold that against her (Italians are emotional too) People are people and they make mistakes, just like you just did with starting this stupid azz thread.
BTY, since you no nothing, you say my girls have attitude, yes they sure do........it's called confidene.

and if ya think they pissed you off in the past.....well i feel sorry for ya in the future.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
GermanBoy said:
:

"In my opinion it is difficult to be a fan of both sides. I even think it`s impossible. Don`t get me wrong, I think the Williams have done much for Tennis and the WTA tour and they are great players but they have an attitude on the court e. g. using vulgar vocabulary like Serena in Australia in her match against Emilie Loit or the way they ACT after winning. It is a kind of show and nobody can deny that. They jump all over the court like a small rubber ball and shake hands with each opponent as if they don`t want to touch them.

Serena overestimates herself when she says she`ll win every match she plays in 2003. We got the proof that this is impossible and I am happy about the fact. Today everything is so close, you can`t dominate the scene like Steffi Graf did. Don`t tell me, Serena didn`t say that, I read it somewhere."

Germanboy, sounds to me like you are on a war path. I can understand that when you don't like anyone, everything they do seems vulgar to you. Isn't it hypocritical to hate Serena coz she cusses yet Jen cusses alot more. Personally I love serena but i hate it when she swears and the same for jen who i also love but cannot stand the language. When the sisters win, do you honestly believe they are not happy? Why is their jumping around an "act'. Except for Dokic all players are quite overt with their celebration, some pump their fists but they all acknowledge the crowd! Unless you have not been watching Serena closely, she actually shakes hands, looks her opponenet in the eye and always gives them a pat! How is that for not wanting to touch her opponents according to you!

Secondly Germanboy, regarding Serena's ambition i quite think it admirable that she would dare voice her goals! There are two kinds of people in life those who believe they have to voice it to achieve it and those who believe voicing your goals would only jinx it. Personally I would not even tell my left hand what my right hand was planning to do! I fear that i will look like a failure if i don't accomplish it! that's why i have often admired the sisters, it takes courage to do it. And I am not talking about the Alex kind of voicing it, saying she is gonna win wimbledon when she hasn't even won a tier IV. I am talking about Serena last year saying she was going for the top spot which she actually did! Objectively, if you had only four losses last year and were trying to improve on it, where would your goals be? I don't think there is a player out there not trying to improve!
One other question, have you watched Oracene while her daughters play! She claps every good point regardless of who makes the shot! There aren't many parents who do that, why would you think her entire family is dead set against the rest of the players?

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
All I have to add is you better thank god that Germans have big *ahems* because else you wouldnt have anything going for you.

·
Registered
12,093 Posts
I guess you're referring to me by that Williams fan who said that all Jen fans are idiots.. Well, I keep my position, and I know you're an idiot, and who doesn't even know what the hell u're talking about..

I don't get the reason of this thread.. It began so nice and with no problems, but like everytime, you went on bashing and insulting the Williamses.. Get a life.. You, like most of the Jenny fans, love Venus and Serena.. Most of your posts are about them.. If you hate them, well you're just speaking your mouth out.. but your heart thinks the otherwise.. ;)

According to that part in your post where Serena cusses her opponents? You're the most pathetic person I have ever answered to.. Look at Jennifer! The real example of 'how to be classless person' player.. You have that serious issue of blindness over your favorite player.. You just can't see what Jennifer does, but keeps on observing each movement that Serena or Venus do for then, come here to the board to begin a new thread like this.. And even when they don't do anything, you, like another bunch of maniacs here swear that you saw one of those.. I repeat : Get a life.. Or face the reality..

Jennifer will never beat Serena again, she'll always stay behind her on rankings! She can even push her to three sets, but in the end she'll end losing.. like all the previous matches after Wimbledon 01.. That era of "Serena choking vs Jennifer" is over buddy.. Live with it.. :kiss:

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Cybelle - Good post, Im not even a Williams fan but germanboy tyhe hypocrisy in your post was ABSULTELY DRIPPING off it..

I nearly fell off my chari laughing at you criticising serena for CURSING!!! Hello, have you wantched ANY Capriati matches at all?? She is the queen of swearing...that doesnt bother me too much, but comon, you gotta at least TRY and be consistent...

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Germanboy - Would you like a little brie with that whine?

Reactions: vs1

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Grandslamm said:
Lil German Boy, seems to me that you are the one with the problem. You speak just like someone that is pissed because your best friend keeps getting his azz kicked by someone he's been talking shyt to.

To even put Lindsey in the same sentence with Jennifer is ludicrous. You just don't like the Williams sisters and is trying to recuit others.
You must be a boy, cause you got a lot to learn honey, the Williams sister celebrate their win cause they are happy,(in cause you didn't know, we black people are emotional like that) and as far as attitude goes, you really shouldn't say anything about cussing cause lil Jennifer should have had her mouth wash out with soap a long time ago, but i don't hold that against her (Italians are emotional too) People are people and they make mistakes, just like you just did with starting this stupid azz thread.
BTY, since you no nothing, you say my girls have attitude, yes they sure do........it's called confidene.

and if ya think they pissed you off in the past.....well i feel sorry for ya in the future.
Slam! :worship:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
:rolleyes: about that first post.

I like the Williams, and I don't have ANY problems with Lindsay. I root for her all the time, unless she's playing one of my other faves.

also, I resent all the lumping the "fans" into categories based on who they like. I think there are assholes and good posters in every group.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
LoL!!! I thought this thread was a joke...

First of all it was just at the Australian Open that Serena cursed, and that was just Serena, dont include Venus into this cuz she has never cursed in her matches...
And your a fan of Capriati, LoL, the player who curses more than venus and serena have combined multiplied by a million!
V&S shake their opponents hand like they dont want to touch them?? LOL at that too, most of the time serena says something nice to her opponents at net, win or lose...
I think you are confused by your favorite, Capriati, who doesnt even look at her opponent when she loses at the net and barely grasps the other persons hand!!
Serena DID NOT say she would win every one of her matches this year, NEVER!!!
Please give me a list of the people who called you "an idiot as every Jen fan"
BTW, Jen has never, ever beaten Venus!!!!
And to answer you original question, I adore Lindsay, have absolutely no problem with her except she gets down on herself so much...im not too fond of capriati, but i kind of feel sorry for her though.

You=Loser
:wavey:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts