Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do they have to pay to go to a tournament??

·
Premium Member
181,954 Posts
Tier 1

Players receive $150 per day or a complimentary room at the Tournaments Official Hotel, as determined by each Tournament, for a minimum of 5 nights and a MAX of 7 nights. All players in the doubles will receive $150 or a complimentary room for minimum of 4 nights and a MAX of 7.

Tier 2
Singles minimum of 4 and max 7.

Its a bit long and tedius and don't wanna write it all down

all Tiers have slightly diff variations but only Tier 1/2 have the option of $150 per day or a room if they apply before the deadline stated on the Tourn Fact Sheet.

If a player does not stay in the official hotel, she loses the privalege of a complimentary hotel room (i.e. she may not transfer the privelege to a parent, coach, agent, etc).

·
Premium Member
181,954 Posts
Challenger players have to pay for rooms unless the Tournamen provides Hospitality.

you will know this as it says 75,000+H , 50K+H

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, thanks!!

So, if players sleeps in the hotel of the tournament, they don't have to pay!

And for they coach, they have to pay I think!

·
Premium Member
181,954 Posts
they get 1 single room ;)

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No doubles room??

I can go and stay with them!!:angel:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,196 Posts
But what about this week in Dubai?

I know most players are staying at the Burj al Arab and its close to $800/night. Are the players paying for it or is it complimetary?

·
Premium Member
181,954 Posts
If its the Official Hotel then they would plus in the UAE they like to spoil you ;)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
713 Posts
...unless you're lucky enough to have an airline as a sponsor like Tammy (Thai Airways). She gets airfare from Thailand to the destination countries, but not domestic airfare once she has arrived (e.g. Los Angeles to New York).

Some of the best hotels at which I've crashed with Tammy so far are the Burswood Resort in Perth (Hopman Cup), La Costa (San Diego), and the Hyatt Grand Champion (Indian Wells). I REALLY loved the Burswood! When she's at Wimbledon, she usually rents a flat. Given the choice, though, she prefers to stay with friends because life in a hotel week after week gets to her after a while!

·
Registered
10,835 Posts
This will make it incredibly sinple [some bits sightly out but u'l get the jist]

Top 100 player [if in main draw; i dont think you get it for qualifying necessarily] - everything is done for you, everything is paid for you dont have to worry about anything.

Anyone else playing at even 75k challenger level must pay for - flights, accomodation, food, travel to and from tournament, entry fees, pay to take tehir caosh with them, racket re-stringing, physio treatemtn [only provided free of charge in USTA tournamnets, not in Europe], massages [again only free in USTA tournament - otherwise will cost you about a fiver].

Basically top players get paid more and get everything paid for them by other people.

Other get paid ten of thousands a year less [in many cases even up to millions of pounds] but have to pay for the simple things. Hene lots of people giving up.

Again as i said, some bits will be wrong, but genreally this is teh case [ie most of the time].

The one thing im not sure about is qualifying, if the players get the same treatment as the main draw players. Perhaps Eggy coudl clear that up?

Paul :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts