Tennis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think so. One of the things that I like about the women's game is that no matter how well they serve, there is no guarantee that they are not going to get broken. Frankly, it makes it more interesting to me.

I like the men too but usually they hold serve much more reliably than the women. But who says that holding serve is better than a great return game? :confused:

· Registered
640 Posts
"Do Service Breaks Make For Bad Tennis?"

No, not in my opinion. There are so many more factors that go into what tennis watchers would call "good" or "bad" tennis. There can be breaks in every service game of the match. But, if the rallies are high quality, then I'm all for it, even with a high number of UEs. If I'm watching DF meisters, then it's pretty painful. A series of breaks with momentum shifts can be exciting. But, sometimes those are just as painful because the periods in between the shifts don't offer much. So, I think whether breaks make bad tennis depends on the other kind of tennis that's happening in the match. I don't think it's gender specific, either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.