Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tennis is a sport where there is nobody you can depend on for support physically (I'm talking about singles here). Its nature is very different from that of a team sport such as baseball, basketball and carling.
I noticed that ppl who enjoy tennis generally have more individualistic and softer personalities comapred to those who enjoy playing other sports, especially team sports.
I'm not talking about prefessional tennis players here, but casual tennis fans like us. It's more often than not that we hear fans of other sports complain how boring tennis is. There must be something that attract ppl with some similar mental problems.

·
Kookie Supporter
67,415 Posts
I don't think that people who play tennis necessarily have a lot in common. I can relate to the more individualistic. I notice a lot of tennis players that enjoy not having to play with team mates. If they win, it's because of their efforts and they feel stronger than playing with a team. A lot of tennis players enjoy playing doubles or mixed though and that's a team too. The softer personality is definitely not always true. To put it bluntly: I met some of the biggest assholes so far on the tennis court. Competition brings out the worst in some people no matter what sport is being played.

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well maybe we live on different planets.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I agree with James. There are so many different personalities of tennis players (and as a result, so many styles of play).

·
Kookie Supporter
67,415 Posts
Helen Lawson said:
There's only one type of personality who wins a Best Actress Oscar: petty, jealous, suspicious, ego-maniac, unreasonable, and paranoid.
A bit beside the topic, I guess, but I do love your signature. It makes me laugh each time I read it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts