Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
How could Anna wear make-up :confused: She wears sun-block all the time. Plus, how could any player wear make up playing? When it's hot and humid, it would all run down their face..

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
anna used to wear makeup on court... around wimby last year she was wearing it. but shes stopped since then, and thank god, cos it was rather ugly and unnecessary.

FLL, there is waterproof and sweatproof makeup available out there.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
guess not, it's very bad for the skin's functions... :confused:

That's why Anna can't win her matches,...her skin can't breath properly... ;)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
decemberlove said:
anna used to wear makeup on court... around wimby last year she was wearing it. but shes stopped since then, and thank god, cos it was rather ugly and unnecessary.
I think you need to clarify this. In your opinion she did, other opinions like mine, suggested she didn't. So we will agree to disagree.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
ajayares said:
I think you need to clarify this. In your opinion she did, other opinions like mine, suggested she didn't. So we will agree to disagree.
its pretty obvious in the pics below that shes wearing make-up... ask any woman.

top left FO 02, bottom left wimby 02 [make-up]
middle aus 01, right aus 02 [natural]

i did this a while ago to prove a point on the anna k boards. i dont understand why people are so sensitive about it. well, i do, but its ridiculous.

edit: thats you oct, isnt it?

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
It's ironic cuz my mother is a make-up artist and she says that she could be wearing some but she doesn't think...

Lips - Yes, they are red but many chapstick's(cherry, etc.) color your lips whether you want it or not. And if she would be wearing lipstick, I wouldn't mind cuz it hydrate your lips and prevent them from breaking all over the place...

Eye-lashes - The are dark like she would be wearing make-up but some people(like me) who are blond have very dark eye-lashes. If you look at both before and after thing, her lashes are still dark.

Final answer - NO MAKE-UP

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
And your exemples are not really good..

The ''natural'' pics quality are not that good....

·
SMUstang,
8,482 Posts
the girl who used to wear the most makeup is andrea temesvari. ill look fora pic of her and post it

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
decemberlove said:
edit: thats you oct, isnt it?
yes sadie it is, but I am sure you knew who I was, but don't tell anyone else ;)

As I said on that board at the time, she may have had some lipstick on, but I have to agree with FLL comments in regards to the eye-lashes.

But as I said, we will agree to disagree it isn't important, it just isn't "fact" that she has or had, everyone's going to have an opinion.

·
SMUstang,
8,482 Posts

well this doesnt show it too well but she used to pile it on

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
nailpolish is something that you see a lot

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I hate to bring up Capriati's name in vain, but she did have the most disastrous make-up job on to celebrate her first ever match as world no. 1, which she promptly lost to Testud in the quarter-finals of the Championships in Munich in 2001. I don't want to be unkind, but the heavy eyeshadow and lip gloss made her resemble a lady of dubious virtue rather than a lady of dubious serve.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts