Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's an interesting question.
I just notice how much we talk about the commentating here on WTAWorld
and how some commentator or another "offended" "our player".
I really wonder, do the players KNOW what is being said about them?
I'm talking about the let's say 'large television channels' (eurosport, espn,...).
You think they listen to the commentating of their matches (I would ;) ). You think they have their own 'spies' who take note of interesting comments ;) ...

I mean, e.g., does Justine even know who Mary Carillo is?

·
Registered
322 Posts
I guess it depends who they steal the tapes from :lol:

I think if they are watching them from a technial angle, then it's probably on mute so the coach can speak. But I wouldn't blame them for a having a wee listen afterwards :)

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Didn't Richard know what Tracy Austin said about the Williams family/coaching and made a public response? I can only assume if Richard knows what certain commentators state, that Venus and Serena have always been aware of what is said one way or the other.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
At the paris indoor event this year Nathalie Dechy was commentating on the Mary-Amélie final and after the on court interview Amélie said salut Nat and Nat said Salut Amélie, but Amélie could not see her cause she was so high up but she was at a large glass window, Nat could see Amélie and waved back.
;) I know that sounds like a road of rubbish what I just wrote but it benefited the two, Nat got to show off a nice lacoste sweatshirt to please her sponsors and Amélie got to have a giggle with Mary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts