Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
15,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hehe, well do they?? (If you class yourself being an obsessive that is!! ;) )

I just think its funny becuase I always seem to play down my knowledge of the sport (not that I know alot!!) and pretend I know less than I actually do,
especially at this time of year when tennis is always on the TV. I don't really know why. :confused:

Anyone else do this, or is it just crazy me?!?! :p

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
mostly no, that's why they think I'm a normal person ;)

·
Registered
23,493 Posts
you kidding? I'm having trouble talking to my best friend cos i'm telling him about federer and sharapova going thru in wimbledon while he talks about Portugal in Euro'04 :lol:

·
Registered
39,336 Posts
I dont mention tennis too often to friensds who arent interested in tennis. Thats why i use WTAWORLd and a good chatfreid who met me several times and who is close to me and knows much about tennis.

·
Somewhere over the rainbow.
45,490 Posts
New said:
you kidding? I'm having trouble talking to my best friend cos i'm telling him about federer and sharapova going thru in wimbledon while he talks about Portugal in Euro'04 :lol:
Damn right! People around me are annoying me with the football so why shouldn't I talk about tennis!!! :tape:

·
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.
21,902 Posts
I play it down, people know I like it, but dont know im a tennis nut. Tennis is considered a puffy sport to be "into" where i'm from. You either like Footy, Rugby or cricket or your gay.

·
Registered
15,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol, maybe I should do that!! So sick of hearing about the football! I just feel a bit wierd as soon as I show any incling that I'm sooo into tennis! Lol :p

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,371 Posts
sure they know!!!!
and my best friend pretends even to be interested in stuff i tell her about tennis, however she has like no idea about that...:p;):p

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
Not a chance! No one even knows I played tennis...

·
Registered
639 Posts
Most people who know me, know I like tennis. But, I don't think they know or care about my obsession with it. It's my private, special treat that I've enjoyed through the magic of television for a long time. I don't waste my breath unless they want to talk about cross over stars like Andre, Venus, or Serena. There are a couple of guys that tolerate and actually ask me about my impression of the majors when they're happening. I'm happy to oblige. :D Now, if some one dared to try and involve me in some activity while a major is going on, they would be sorely disappointed because I'm either watching tennis, taping tennis, watching taped tennis, or, in some cases, waiting out rain delays. :eek: I love this game! :cool:

·
Registered
245 Posts
:lol: It's no secret to any of my family or friends! I'm a major Andre Agassi
fan, and whenever he loses a match, the first thing I hear from them is
usually, "Heard Andre lost, I'm so sorry." If they don't already know, my
depression usually is noted and they figure out what happened! :sad: The
good part is that everyone is super nice for a day or so after, trying to
cheer me up!

;)

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
skaya_n said:
my best friend pretends even to be interested in stuff i tell her about tennis, however she has like no idea about that...:p;):p
#
Same here! :lol:

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
They do, but any tennis-related conversation always ends with: "How can you like Lindsay? She's ugly!" and "Why do you like Mauresmo? She's a lesbian." :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
Joana said:
They do, but any tennis-related conversation always ends with: "How can you like Lindsay? She's ugly!" and "Why do you like Mauresmo? She's a lesbian." :rolleyes:
My friends say "Why do you like the Williams sisters - is it because they are black?"
OR
"Those sisters are so arrogant there's always an excuse for why they lose!"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But friends are more important than tennis ;) :)

·
Banned
6,784 Posts
ive posted a couple threads about the same subject. Yes everyone knows i love and follow tennis, at work, my friends and family too. My wife is more and more supportive so that is great.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts