Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hehe...well I know this has to be a stupid question, but you know, I've never been to a challenger nor have I seen any of them on T.V., so I am just curious if Challengers have linesmen or do the players make their own calls?

·
Premium Member
181,846 Posts
depending on which court they play on.
Best "court", i.e. one they call the supposedly main court has a few linejudges, all vary from tourn to tourn.

and level of the challenger

the higher the level the more line callers there are

In most cases at 10K, and some 25K the Umpire is calling all lines from chair.

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
The 10k in Amsterdam only had the chair ump.. hehe it was strange to see the players having to get their own balls and that... you get used to watching with the ball kids on tv!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
inkyfan, when they have to collect their own balls, what do they do in between first and second serves if the first serve is a fault? Do they simply leave the balls wherever they land, or do they have to pick up the balls between serves to avoid accidentally stepping on them?

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
Well, if the balls weren't in the way, then they were left, otherwise they were moved before the next pouint. But they only played with three balls instead of the six anyway, so in general there wasn't that many balls floating around in the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts