Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if any players past or present smoke cigarettes? I was just wondering. I doubt many do since its so unhealthy and these are professional athletes... but I was just curious. So please name them if you know. :)

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
"The injured one" has been snapped with a *** in her hand (Tatiana Golovin)

·
Registered
17,762 Posts
saw pics of:

tatiana golovin
marat safin

holding a cigarette.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Even though Capriatti never won Wimbledon, we all know why she favored the "grass" at wimby.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Amélie used to smoke in 1999, I remember an interview where they wrote she was smoking a cigarette at the beginning, but it was 10 years ago...

Honestly, I think a lot of players like to smoke a cigarette, not so many but sometimes.

·
25,818 Posts
Rosie Casals (top ten player from the 70s and multiple doubles slams) was a big weed smoker. I wonder sometimes if Rosie got Chris Evert into pot.

Casals was a regular smoker as well-she liked cigars too.

1930s champ Helen Jacobs smoked like a chimney. Alice Marble (another early champ) also loved to light up-if my memory is right she even smoked while on oxygen!

Someone mentioned Conchita.

·
Banned
25,017 Posts
What about current players that smoke pot? Anyone know of any?

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
I saw a picture of Feliciano Lopez with a cigarette

and Anna K too

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Didn't Yannick Noah used to smoke?
Apparently Tim Henman too sometimes.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wasn't there a hilarious photo posted of Capriati and Majoli smoking?

That guy who beat the Williams sisters (Kaarsten something) and was an ATP professional used to smoke at changeovers sometimes, forcing the ATP to introduce a rule banning it!

It really would be hard to imagine any of the top players smoking regularly though....

·
Writer of Stuff
8,734 Posts
Hard as it is to believe today, back in the 1960's, when the Aussie Dynasty was ruling the courts, those guys used to go out after matches drinking beers, smoking and engaging in other questionable pursuits until all hours. These days, tennis has become so professionalized that if you aren't training and living right 24/7 you simply aren't going to be a top class player.

·
Premium Member
4,866 Posts
In the last decade, Conchita Martinez is the only player I can think of who habitually smoked.

But there are pictures out there of Capriati, Golovin, Hingis... smoking at clubs and such.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts