Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, are you watching this NFL Draft? So what do u think about Cincy picking Chris Palmer? This is one zany NFL draft...LMAO!

I hope Kevin Mcghey(sp) from Miami Hurricanes goes early.. He is a good player.

Reactions: Barrie_Dude

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
185,416 Posts
Dawn Marie said:
Hey, are you watching this NFL Draft? So what do u think about Cincy picking Chris Palmer? This is one zany NFL draft...LMAO!

Poor, Sweet, Dawn Marie! Willing to do anything to be close to the man she loves! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Barriedude go fuck another Canadian and shut up, nasty ass! lmao

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't like sloppy seconds.. Ok I'll think about it!;)

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Careful Barrie, you just may be. lol

Let's get back to football instead of "the nasty", you sexy guy you.:)

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
OMG! Barrie got his Ass kicked by Dawn! :eek: Dawn, that's 15 yards for unsportsman like comments!

The Bengals made the right choice is Carson Palmer. Now they have to surround him with talent. And spend some money in the process.

·
Banned
10,399 Posts
Dawn Marie said:

That would be Willis Mcgahee (sp?) ;)
and he was drafted 23rd by my Buffalo Billy's :bounce::bounce:

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
I think Carson Palmer is a good pick if Marvin Lewis can do better coaching than his predecessors. But the Bengals success will require more pieces yet, which means more and better scouts than they currently employ.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Disposable what did you think of the stunt Arizona Cardinals pulled? It was so zany today there for a second. I think the Cards made a mistake..

Exodus,thanks for that info! I tape it today so I could watch it later on. I think it's exciting.. stuff and I want to see his expression. It hurt me when our team injured him. He is so talented.:) He is on a good team.:)

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Dawn Marie said:
Disposable what did you think of the stunt Arizona Cardinals pulled? It was so zany today there for a second. I think the Cards made a mistake..
I think that trading down is a good move the vast majority of the time.

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
Normally, on NFL Draft day I like to do a running diary of my thoughts. This year I only made it a half hour through since my parents came up to visit. Here is what I had up through that point:

12:00 – These openings get worse by the year. ESPN needs something fresh. How many times are we going to see the same tired pose of the quarterback flashing the football horizontally? And why the fuck does he do that anyway? Is that some bizarre combine event?

12:04 – Now its time for the annual show the top picks in the crowd to see what kind of gaudy outfits they are wearing. The Steamer is a fan of Charles Rogers’ orange attire.

12:06 – I see that Dennis Green has replaced Jimmy Johnson in the Draft Team. Nice to know that ESPN is more afraid of Johnny Cochran than Matt Millen is.

12:08 – I wonder how Mel Kiper feels knowing that he only has two days left before ESPN shoves him back into their basement for the summer where he hangs out with Keith Olbermann.

12:08 – I heard a radio interview with Chris Berman on the radio a few weeks ago where he mentioned that this is the time of the year where he is about to hunker down somewhere for a few weeks and just focus on the draft and teams needs. He says it is a very difficult job for him. Fuck that, I bet you that Hostess rolls in the profits those weeks.

12:10 – Carson, Akili. Akili, Carson.

12:11 – Comparisons to Troy Aikman and Drew Bledsoe? I’m sorry. Am I really that much out of touch with reality?

12:12 – Do you think that Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit are jealous that Chris Fowler has a year round gig? Herbstreit is probably too busy shagging some college bitches to care.

12:14 – Jon Kitna? Great quarterback. Tell it like it is Carson. Have you ever noticed how round Kitna’s head is? He’s like Charlie friggin Brown. And to top it off he’s with the Bengals. Fitting.

12:15 – The Bengals are so cheap that I half expected that snazzy Bengals background behind Marvin Lewis to be repossessed mid-interview.

12:16 – Cool little bumper of Palmer flubbing his lines. Takes me back to the days of Dick Clark and Ed McMahon.

12:17 – Ok, I have a problem with the Madden 2004 commercial. Why the hell is Ray Lewis making Palmer doing pushups? Is that some sort of prison bitch thing? Wouldn’t it make more sense for Takeo Spikes to be doing that, eh scratch that. Maybe Ray Lewis was the right call afterall. I mean if Palmer didn’t do them right, Lewis could always just stab him.

12:19 – Berman wants the Lions to give Harrington a weapon. I think a glock would work best.

12:24 – Those New Era mesh hats are mad ghetto. How they ever made a comeback is puzzling.

12:25 – This commercial featuring Nas’ I know I can, be what I want to be song just isn’t real enough for me. Where are all the groupies, guns, and pot smoking?

12:27 – Nice shot of Andre Johnson rocking a Magic jersey. Snazzy. Nice of him to get dressed up. If I ever was in position to get drafted and wasn't invited to the draft yet had camera crews there I would just sit there in my underwear. People would remember you at least. Sort of like I remember that guy from the Lions in 1990 who had cameras at a restaurant with him but didn't get drated until the third round. He was near tears. Good times.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I wated it tpaed last night, it is cool that you can fastforward the minutes then when the man hits the podium you get to know right away.... oooh kay!

I was so happy for WILLIS MCGAHEE, I think he will turn out just fine!

Well so far I have a great feeling about The Bengals! I think we got the right coaching, and we finally made some great DRAFT Picks!! I like who we have so far.

We are going to start winning! I can feel it!

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Dawn, the Benglas are finally headed in the right direction! They might even make a run at 8-8 this year. That would be a step in the right direction.

But should they play Carson Palmer or let him be the back up and learn that way. I think they are paying Palmer too much money to just be the backup this year.

That's an entertsaining diary Steam! But didn't you like Dennis Green's analysis? His voice got hoarse very fast. At least he wa into it. And that was a funny quip about ESPN, Johnny Cocharan and Matt Millen!

I watchedthe draft in bits and pices because there is only so much I can take of Chris Berman and Mel Kiper. They are very good at what they do. But the NFL draft is always an over production with over analysis.

I was very dissapointed at what happened to Chris Simms, Phil Simms son in the draft. He was expected to go in the first torund and didn't get drafted until the last pick of the third round by Tampa Bay. I could not believe it! :eek: I think he'll be every bit the quarterback that the quarterbacks drafted in the first round will be. But I still can't get over why the media was so down on him. :confused: He has a great arm, great size and great bloodlines. Football players get drafted on their pro ability and not on their good but spotty College careers.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
I will be the first to admit it; the only reason I watched the draft is to see Marshall's Byron Leftwich, seventh in the draft, go to the Jacksonville Jaguars. While I'm not completely thrilled by it, I think Leftwich can do well in Florida, despite the fact the team already has two other quarterbacks. I still think the Minnesota Vikings would have been a better fit.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Exodus said:
I was gonna ask you about leftwich, poet, have you ever met him? :)
Yes, one of the ladies I work with is engaged to the team's defensive coordinator, so she introduced me to Leftwich one day. He is very quiet, very sweet and very serious about everything. He really wants to be a great quarterback and puts a conscious effort into becoming one. Besides, he has the most adorable cheeks I've ever seen. I just wanted to pinch them when I met him! :devil:

·
Banned
10,399 Posts
You're so lucky :)
I saw him on that heisman show on mtv, and i thought he seemed like the nicest person on earth :)

I just wanted to know if he was really like that :)

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Exodus said:
You're so lucky :)
I saw him on that heisman show on mtv, and i thought he seemed like the nicest person on earth :)

I just wanted to know if he was really like that :)
I am happy to tell you that he really is that nice. :angel:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts