Tennis Forum banner

3941 - 3960 of 4001 Posts

·
🐟🐟
4,743 Posts
Catalina Pella

"For now I don't plan to play any 2020 tournament," Pella explains. "I distanced myself from tennis, I don't know if it's definitive, but I'm a victim of the system, one of the thousands of victims, from Argentina and Latin America. In my country they killed women's tennis."

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Konjuh seems to be well on the way to recovery, judging by what has been posted here. Possibly returning in March? Bellis not so much.

Vesnina is still on maternity leave, and seems somewhat indifferent about returning at the moment. However, give her some more time. Cibulkova got married a few months ago - there's always the chance that anyone in that situation has got pregnant.
Cibulkova has been married for a long time, isn't it?

·
Registered
14,020 Posts

·
College Tennis/Team USA expert
9,338 Posts
Hua-Chen Lee last played in Pelham (retired in second round). I know she got married around then (she goes by Jasmine Price), but I can't find anything online. Anyone know if she's hurt or planning on coming back? She was starting to do really well after college

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I think Azarenka deserves to be brought up in this thread at this point.
I don't think she has competed in a tournament since the start of the season.
Yet I haven't heard that she's injured. Has she quietly retired?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think Azarenka deserves to be brought up in this thread at this point.
I don't think she has competed in a tournament since the start of the season.
Yet I haven't heard that she's injured. Has she quietly retired?
Maybe some unsolved custody problems, but she will play Monterrey & Indian Wells!

·
Premium Member
66,169 Posts
Chernyshova? Hasn't played in 4 months despite being in an ideal position to level up to slam qualies. She's completely abandoned her Instagram blog too.

·
Registered
25,675 Posts
I can't see Vesnina coming back without Makarova. It's hard to rebuild that chemistry with someone new in an Olympic year.

·
Registered
54,236 Posts
Former top 50 player Torró Flor is back with a #250SR. She is an alternate in WTA Lyon Q

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
I can't see Vesnina coming back without Makarova. It's hard to rebuild that chemistry with someone new in an Olympic year.
I am inclined to agree.... But if she is eyeing up the Olympics I think she's on good terms with all the "veteran" Russians from Fed Cup days eg Pavs, Kuznetsova and Zvonareva. The latter two being very good doubles players. Plus she's won a title with Kasatkina too so she has options. I think the bigger problem is she is running out of time to be match ready.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Reactions: posthuman
3941 - 3960 of 4001 Posts