Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until this year. I had never saw her curse on the court before this year. During the Wimby QF Serena came to the net and put away a volley that almost landed out when she was down 5-2 against Cappy, and on her way back you could visibly and audibly notice that she asked herself "What the fuck is wrong with you!!" First she gets a fine at the AO first round, then she calls a linesperson a "MFing bitch" in the finals vs. Venus (some think she was referring to Venus, but I don't think so) and now this. What happened to this :angel: Serena?? LOL!!

·
Registered
11,222 Posts
Who said she was an angel first of all?

Really this ppl have nothing to do, and keep bringing old and useless cases, trying to continue an one lost discussion.. Specially containing Serena

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
becool...i know what youre sayin (let bygons be bygons)...but havnt you done the same EXACT thing where Jennifer is concerned? I do seem to remember you talkin about her "classless" vocabulary, or other choice of words or whatever word you said....

Hun im in your corner, but we just need to leave these Rena hatters be and just move on!

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Knizzle hun you AINT a Rena hatter...are you? nah! im sorry sweet thang...sorry im just out of it!

·
Registered
640 Posts
:lol: :lol: Knizzle, I didn't know about the Wimbledon thing. But, I knew about the two AO incidents. Neither Serena or Jennifer's swearing bothers me. Monica's swearing is funny (to me) and Lindsay's means she's getting down on herself. It could be because every other word out of my mouth needs sanitation, at times. ;) I just look at them as adults who are passionate about what they do!

This ain't charm school! :cool:

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
I think cursing is great for the sport - im happy serena and jen do it and everyone else it shows their hunger for the win and their angry. I remember watching the french open last year and it showed the on court camera where agassi was toweling off and he'd just lost a great point and the crowd were clapping - it looked like he shouted ''fucking french''

·
In my new place!!
22,957 Posts
jmp said:
:lol: :lol: Knizzle, I didn't know about the Wimbledon thing. But, I knew about the two AO incidents. Neither Serena or Jennifer's swearing bothers me. Monica's swearing is funny (to me) and Lindsay's means she's getting down on herself. It could be because every other word out of my mouth needs sanitation, at times. ;) I just look at them as adults who are passionate about what they do!

This ain't charm school! :cool:
THANK YOU, AMEN, you get the point! :yeah:

·
Banned
86 Posts
Serena the plays the ghetto street thug

Everybody knows Serena curses like a drunken sailor.
This is partly why she was chosen to play the part of
a ghetto street thug in an up coming movie. Between
her looks and her foul mouth this small part will suit
her perfectly. All she has to do is to be herself.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Go, Serena!

·
Premium Member
20,087 Posts
Wow, another "SERENA cussed" thread. Big Deal LOL

Lindsay curses herself on court, but do we hear anything about that.
Serena cussed in her US open 99 final, but she did so to herself. But I guess that was not noticed until she became #1. You people amaze me.

The only player who use to swear and overeact to everything was Capriati. She would just attack everyone, which I thought was distasteful. Jen has mellowed out now, she seems more aware of her behaviour and has toned it down.

I also feel all these ladies are under a great deal of pressure. So I think they should be given a little slack, as long as they can keep themselves under control.

·
Banned
27,238 Posts
Tplayer:
fowl=bird
foul is the word ur looking for

i was tempted to start my cell on centre court in the wimby qf just to hear Jen curse :eek: i think swearing is essential in any sport. shows they want to win :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.