CC
Sousa - Nadal
Kvitova - Konta
Fed - some name i hear for the first time

C1
Serena - Carla Suarez
Halep - Coco
Djokovic - Hubert

I think Coco should be on CC and Nadal - Sousa on C1. Weird because nobody gets better ratings for BBC than Coco right now. Really Surprised.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fedal and the last remaining Brit. They made the logical choices.

It's honestly better for Gauff if she isn't seen as wrongfully knocking one of those three from Centre.

P.S. Berrettini has won two titles this year and has more grass wins than anyone else this season.
From where this Berrettini guy jumped out? Like before this season i have never heard of him....and now he is #17 in the world

·
Registered
11,911 Posts
Nope because Halep will dismantle her pretty easily. Also, Konta is Brit’s last hope for the slam and she’s playing against a former Wimbledon champ. The most uninteresting match will prob be Fed but they’re not gonna bump Fed for anybody.

·
Registered
14,742 Posts
I do think though that more Americans will be watching the CoCo match then they will the Petra match so from that sense I think CoCo-Halep should be on CC for the ratings. As for the way they have it scheduled it is fair to change it up and put different people on CC. Should they go for ratings or fairness?

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Like i said.

CC
Sousa - Nadal
Kvitova - Konta
Fed - some name i hear for the first time

C1
Serena - Carla Suarez
Halep - Coco
Djokovic - Hubert

I think Coco should be on CC and Nadal - Sousa on C1. Weird because nobody gets better ratings for BBC than Coco right now. Really Surprised.
This thread is a yawn, after all that's been discussed, and the fact she's been on CC (with that being debated ad naseum) already. It seems like a reach, trying to cash in on Coco Fever!...Next! :shrug:

After all, are we really arguing why Konta vs Kvitova; Nadal, and Fed are on CC Monday!! :rolleyes:

Maybe, after that tactical Shit Show show on CC vs Hercog, the AELTC feared that Simona (not Simugna) was going to 1 and 2 her Monday, thus knew the Cinderella Story may be coming to a close.
Isn't this the Order (restored) so many people requested!?

FWIW: Nadal vs Kyrgios, actually drew almost twice as much as Gauf's based off the 2nd rd information available at the time. Not sure what the third rd information is, as both Nadal and Fed played today after Gauf's match yesterday. This is why her ratings are always 1 day ahead theirs.

·
Premium Member
Naomi Osaka, Bianca Andreescu, Iga Swiatek
4,790 Posts
Coco Gauff not playing on CC might be a blessing in disguise. Court 2 is according to everything I've heard the slowest Court of the entire All England Club. Halep will be struggling hitting through the Court.

It was pretty clear that the last remaining British Player (Konta) and 2-Time Champion Kvitova would get the CC gig.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
This thread is a yawn, after all that's been discussed, and the fact she's been on CC (with that being debated ad naseum) already. This seems like a reach, trying to cash in on Coco Fever!...Next!

Plus, after that shit show with Hercog on CC, they have felt that Simona (not Simugna) was going to 1 and 2 her Monday, thus knew the Cindarella Story was coming to a close.

FWIW: Nadal vs Kyrgios, actually drew almost twice as much as Gauf's based off the 2nd rd information available at the time. Not sure what the third rd information is, as both Nadal and Fed played after Gauf.
Gauff vs Hercog peaked at 5.2m BBC views, 1.5m more than Nadal-Kyrgios. I haven't seen any of Federer or Nadals ratings for today, but even though it's the weekend, I doubt they would have got more than Nadal Kyrgios as that match had a very big build up here.

·
Premium Member
14,390 Posts
I do think though that more Americans will be watching the CoCo match then they will the Petra match so from that sense I think CoCo-Halep should be on CC for the ratings. As for the way they have it scheduled it is fair to change it up and put different people on CC. Should they go for ratings or fairness?
Is there something stopping US TV showing court 1?

Coco Gauff not playing on CC might be a blessing in disguise. Court 2 is according to everything I've heard the slowest Court of the entire All England Club. Halep will be struggling hitting through the Court.

It was pretty clear that the last remaining British Player (Konta) and 2-Time Champion Kvitova would get the CC gig.
Halep v Gauff is on C1 not C2

·
Registered
34,313 Posts
Not really. Perfect you don't get, and it only makes sense to have the Brit #1 vs a former champ like Kvitty on CC. They have to make a compromise, can't have everything on CC. As others have said, I suspect Halep will crush Gauff, it will be no kind of a match.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Gauff vs Hercog peaked at 5.2m BBC views, 1.5m more than Nadal-Kyrgios. I haven't seen any of Federer or Nadals ratings for today, but even though it's the weekend, I doubt they would have got more than Nadal Kyrgios as that match had a very big build up here.
I'm sure it "peaked" after her "miraculous" comeback-Hercog Choke! :unsure:

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Maybe because I haven't really been following Wimbledon this year but I'm more shocked that Serena is on Court 1 again. It feels like she's barely played on CC this year, which is weird, not that witnessing another beatdown of CSN needs to be on the biggest court anyways.

Gauff-Hercog being on CC was already a stretch, as was her match vs. Rybáriková being on C1, but no matter what happens her story will be the biggest of the Championships. Ideally her match vs. Halep would be on CC but both were there for their last matches, and are being rotated now.

Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
No, Kvitova is a two time champion and Konta is Britain's last hope. If anything, I would've been shocked if that wasn't on CC.
Not last hope, their only hope. And she's not even British :SNE:
FFS... I didn't get the memo that British people were no longer allowed to play professional tennis after Konta retires... :SNE:

1 - 20 of 93 Posts