·
Registered
104 Posts
what about Charlotte Robillard?

is she injured? she's quite active in her IG, but haven't seen her play in ages

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Has Zhuk chucked it for good? Been obvious she hasn't had anything to do with tennis for a while.

Junior Wimbledon champ, so she should have been doing better than she had been. The model world is fickle and short lived, she would have had a better profile and more money for longer as a tennis pin up.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Has Zhuk chucked it for good? Been obvious she hasn't had anything to do with tennis for a while.

Junior Wimbledon champ, so she should have been doing better than she had been. The model world is fickle and short lived, she would have had a better profile and more money for longer as a tennis pin up.
Already a lot of discussion on that topic here: Sofya Zhuk

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
77,233 Posts
Why did they slump down? Are they out actually? One of my favs.
Swan is still a tennis player, Zhuk is not (at least for now).

what about Charlotte Robillard?
She was out with health issues for two years, but seems to be back soon. At least she has recently entered some ITF events.

·
King
28,569 Posts
Didn't Zhuk post a couple of down-trodden posts on Social right after losing in Wimbledon qualies, and from then on, it was a if tennis didn't even exist for her previously?

I imagine she's "taking" a break, and wasn't sure whether being an also-ran, top 100 journey-woman on the constant grind over the next 10 years was better than getting some easy cash from swimsuit shoots in Miami will do for the same period, although I imagine she'll end up getting bored of that pretty quickly.

·
Registered
30,995 Posts
I imagine she's "taking" a break, and wasn't sure whether being an also-ran, top 100 journey-woman on the constant grind over the next 10 years was better than getting some easy cash from swimsuit shoots in Miami will do for the same period, although I imagine she'll end up getting bored of that pretty quickly.
How much do these girls get paid? There must be dozens of thousands of aspiring bikini models in Miami.

I'm surprised there isn't more players that retire in their early 20s when they realize it isn't meant to be, though. There's more money in the sport nowadays but most 27 y.o. women with a college degree probably earn more money than your average top 200 player without sacrificing their personal life and doing permanent damage to their bodies.

·
Registered
10,894 Posts
Olesya Pervushina is another name that come to my mind. I wonder what happened to her

·
Registered
15,064 Posts
How much do these girls get paid? There must be dozens of thousands of aspiring bikini models in Miami.

I'm surprised there isn't more players that retire in their early 20s when they realize it isn't meant to be, though. There's more money in the sport nowadays but most 27 y.o. women with a college degree probably earn more money than your average top 200 player without sacrificing their personal life and doing permanent damage to their bodies.
I will get a lot of groans for it. But a lot of these aspiring models dont earn most of their money from actual modelling. Its a front and an open for a shadier world and connections to certain people

·
King
28,569 Posts

Not saying that she gets paid loads, if much at all, but probably enough to support herself and have an easy life for a finite period with some other things on the side, and live in a Miami bubble while she has the opportunity. Again, we don't really know since it hasn't been publicly shared, but by guess is she got a bit fed up of being stuck in the 100-200 range for such a significant period post being a Wimbledon J champ, the grind and the negativity around her lack of progress became too much, and she decided to take step back, and see how much she actually misses tennis from her life once she stops.

Zhuk definitely had top 100 potential, but not much more - too under-powered, and not strong enough for the game she was trying to play, but not really athletic enough to re-tool her game into something more defensive, and I feel like this is the common cause of so many players not properly transitioning to tour level - but I feel like if she had a couple of lucky breaks in INTLs, and managed to break the top 50, and stay consistently around that mark, she would probably make some decent cash from sponsors based off of her looks alone.

·
Registered
15,976 Posts
Marrying a rich daddy is the priory, can't blame her.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Zhuk should get some P5/PM or GS QF or better results and power through in my signature.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts