Tennis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is one of the few shows that actually portrayed Anna in a flattering light. The whole premise of the show was that even though she hasnt won a tournament, you don't get to 8 in singles and 1 in doubles without being incredibly dedicated and hard working. They had some good comments from respected players and people as well (Barbara Schett, Olga Morozova, and Abigail Tordoff, a former junior player who now works for Octagon.) It doesn't reveal anything new, but they have some nice video of a very young Anna, some video of the Spartak club where she used to train. Pretty good stuff IMO.

·
Registered
122,497 Posts
I liked hearing from people who were there. Like Anna's coach at Nick's camp. I think his name is Gabe Jaramillo. He talked about how Anna would listen to him and then look at Alla. So they had to get Alla off the court so Anna would pay attention.
It was good. I'd like to hear from more players, not just Babsi.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I found it a lot more interesting than the Hollywood story on E . They had more people from Anna's childhood there and at least they had Barbara Schett in it.

·
Registered
26,637 Posts
Due to the USO weather, JR has gone totally mad and found the following:
Amazon.com will donate 10% of the purchase price of all Anna Kournikova Impact Level 3 Multiway sports bras purchased between August 22 and September 7 to the Harlem Junior Tennis Program.
Way...to...go...Anna... :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.