Tennis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i kid you not. this is not a joke. check for yourselves if you taped the match (which i finally just finished watching).

about midway thru the first set, the line judge calls a ball out. Kim circles the mark. the Chair stays on her chair. both she and Justine accept Kim's word.

now it's early Set 2. the score is 1-1. Kim's ball is called out. Justine circles the mark as Kim starts walking forward to query. the Chair jumps off her perch and scrambles across the court to check the mark.

(to be fair to Justine, the Chair did indeed confirm that the ball was out. now i could easily have omitted that fact if my motive was to stir up hate?)

could this be that the legacy of the Juju-Serena match is that from now on the Chair is gonna be just a little bit more mistrustful of Justine?

i'll check your responses tommorrow. gotta run... :wavey:

·
Banned
845 Posts
tennischick said:
i kid you not. this is not a joke. check for yourselves if you taped the match (which i finally just finished watching).

about midway thru the first set, the line judge calls a ball out. Kim circles the mark. the Chair stays on her chair. both she and Justine accept Kim's word.

now it's early Set 2. the score is 1-1. Kim's ball is called out. Justine circles the mark as Kim starts walking forward to query. the Chair jumps off her perch and scrambles across the court to check the mark.

(to be fair to Justine, the Chair did indeed confirm that the ball was out. now i could easily have omitted that fact if my motive was to stir up hate?)

could this be that the legacy of the Juju-Serena match is that from now on the Chair is gonna be just a little bit more mistrustful of Justine?

i'll check your responses tommorrow. gotta run... :wavey:
Would anyone trust justlying. She did what she had to do to win and that is cheat and lie. She is not to be trusted.

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
LOL, seriously... too bad I woke up at 4-3, I would have loved to see that... let's see if the trend continues at Wimby. :D

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
I noticed that when I slowed a first serve of Kim to frame by frame, it landed right on the center line, but was called out. She won the point, but I noticed that her next first serve was in the center of the service box. Not impressed.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
correction tennischick,Justlying indicated to both Kim and the umpire that the ball was good.kim did not buy that and the umpire jumped down and called it out!she tried that same sh.. again,but it didn't work.she's desperate and is not to be trusted.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hahaha....... Simply a group of sore Serena's losers!! What's the next thread??? "At one point the crowd cheered for Kim more than Justine??"

·
Registered
615 Posts
Could it be that the umpire felt she had to b/c as you stated, Kim was moving forward to inquire? Had Kim accepted Justine's word, I don't think the chair would have checked it. Just my take.

·
Registered
18,112 Posts
kim questioned a call and justine called it out and it was out. After that kim did not question juju's calls. Also just because you want the chair to look at it does not mean you don't trust your opponent. opponents can make mistakes and some balls are soooo close than even chair umps have a hard time to decide. so why not just let them do their job. stop trying to stir up trouble. justine and kim get along very well. also if you read justine's post-victory interview you will see what a classy girl she is. she was very generous in her praise of kim and serena and very modest in her success. :D

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
and its incredible how some of u can be so insensitive :rolleyes:

and no im not talking about the Serena fans :rolleyes:

·
Registered
128 Posts
justine committed a small error in judgement on that fateful day but she aint a full-on cheatinglyingrobyourownmother type of scumbag.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Iwatched the incident ...I have to agree there's nothing to it, Justine did not motion in anyway that she wanted the mark checked so the ump didn't check it....... Kim on the otherhand was moving forward to get a closer look so the ump got out of her chair ...also I wouldn't say kim didn't trust justine its simply when you're that far down in a match you need everything you can get .

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
per4ever said:
incredible how people can be such a sore losers :D
what did i lose? i wasn't playing any tennis! and i am not a Williams fan -- i can't stand Venus.

i made an honest observation. you don't even have to take my word for it. i pinpointed the moments in the match when the two incidents occurred and i found it interesting to say the least. no need to accuse me of any crap. just go check for yourselves. and decide for yourselves if it is significant or not.

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
SerenaJWilliams said:
and its incredible how some of u can be so insensitive :rolleyes:

and no im not talking about the Serena fans :rolleyes:
Actually, Luv, it's not incredible @ all. See they think deep down inside that the W/S have what our old friend Danny would call an unfair advantage. So in their minds its perfectly logical: anything that "levels the playing field" is by definition fair. Make sense now? ;)

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
tennischick said:
what did i lose? i wasn't playing any tennis! and i am not a Williams fan -- i can't stand Venus.

i made an honest observation. you don't even have to take my word for it. i pinpointed the moments in the match when the two incidents occurred and i found it interesting to say the least. no need to accuse me of any crap. just go check for yourselves. and decide for yourselves if it is significant or not.
does that mean u like Serena :angel:

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
It might just be that the umpire was more sure about one call than the other.

After all the umpire doesn't have to come down unless they want to - it's at their discretion.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts