Tennis Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
15,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Diane finishes the year as Junior World n°1(y)(y):) She's playing her last tournament in Plantation (JA)Leylah Fernandez (CAN) the Roland Garros winner was in the entry list but she withdrew.

So Diane draw is tricky. She's playing Barbora Palicova (CZE) in first round.

Allez!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Diane finishes the year as Junior World n°1(y)(y):) She's playing her last tournament in Plantation (JA)Leylah Fernandez (CAN) the Roland Garros winner was in the entry list but she withdrew.

So Diane draw is tricky. She's playing Barbora Palicova (CZE) in first round.

Allez!
She's replaced in the draw by a LL, anyone have news ?

·
Registered
15,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
yes just saw that. She is guaranteed to finish the year as world n°1 so she probably decided to withdraw. She may be willing to prepare to play 125K in Limoges... perhaps a wc. :)

·
Registered
15,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Diane to start 2020 in 25K Camberra

in Q1 she'll play Abbie Myers (AUS) ranked 325

Good luck to her :)

·
Registered
15,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Diane lost 0-6 4-6 😕 Myers is an experienced player who played many finals last year in 60K, not easy to know what went wrong there
Not seing Diane playing next week on itf circuit, will have some time to adjust to the australian summer conditions hopefully...

·
Registered
15,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Diane gave an intv to the french tennis federation :) she came to Melbourne Park since on thursday, adjusting before playing her qualie 1st round vs Ysaline Bonaventure (9) ranked 115. She was training with Chloe Paquet.

Translation :

1)have you been bothered with the "fire smoke" in Australia?

Diane : We arrived first at Camberra and we really felt it, there was much smoke there, it was really smelling even at the airport we could smell it, we had much difficulties to breath when we walked in the streets. So the day after, the organization of the tournament told us we had to change the location to Bendigo. Then I felt nothing there, I think the organization chose this place to enable us to play in optimal conditions. Then here in Melbourne Park I saw nothing, it seems ok , the sky seems quite good. It's ok for now.

2)What makes the AO different from the others slams?

D : I think every slam is different, each one has it's specificity, here it's more about the big heats, big tennis park and the city is beautiful, people are very nice too so I think each slam is different and I like them all with their "positive" and less one.

3)How do you deal with your first AO in the pro tour ?

D : I dont feel much of a pressure, I know that I already won 1 round in qualies, 1 round in MD too, it was on clay, a different slam so I 'm trying here to do my best, get through it if I can then all the girls here are also playing very good, I'll have to fight big to get through all the matchs. I'll give the best out of me and of course hope to win some matchs and qualify for the MD

4)We already told you how kind you are on the court, is it still the case today?

D : we can say less more today cause I've learned through the tournaments I played, all the former experiences I had, to be less "kind" to fight. I know now why I am here, I know what I want to do so of course I will be less kind even if I keep "this side " of me but of course this is important to be less like that on the court in order to win more matchs.

5)What are working on with your coach Gonzalo Lopez Sanchis?

D : it's been one year and a half that I ve been working with Gonzalo, his work, his vsion is totally different from my former coachs I had, We have a very good relationship. He asks much from me On and Off the court, to put much intensity on every single shot and on every training session. He knew the High level, he coached very good players, he knows what he's doing, what's he's talking about. I'm trying to listen everything he is saying to me and reproduce it on the court. His vision is kind of long term coaching the place (level) he wants to bring me, it's all about improving in my game, to learn on the court on the match or many matchs I'll be playing here, to use this for the upcoming year...

Diane is scheduled first in Court 10, (Midnight in France). Ill be watching it. ALLEZ DIANE! DONNE TOI à 400%!!!!!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
OK, so I watched the match (or parts of it) and even though she lost (6-2, 7-5) to Bonaventure, I saw nice things. I thought she had more power than when I saw her against Kr. Pliskova at the US Open. Bonaventure hits a hard flat ball and Parry eventually adjusted to the pace well. Her serve is becoming a weapon as well. Her forehand is great.
Her backhand remains a bit of a liability, and her return of serve could be improved as well.
That being said, I sorta think she lost the match because of tactics. She played Bonaventure's game (flat hard hitting rallies from the baseline) too often, a game Bonaventure is at this point way more consistent than she is.

It's a shame, because, even though it is not a bad loss on paper since Bonaventure is ranked 115 and deserves credit for playing a pretty good match, she is a player who is very much beatable if you use your head and play to her weaknesses, like fitness - how about dropshotting her to death or at least make her come to the net?

Anyway, hopefully she learns from this. I still think her game is developing nicely and am excited to see her progression!

·
Registered
15,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #89 (Edited)
I agree with you when you say she entered with the bonaventure game when she had to play HER GAME. In set 1, she looked so passive, no power in the middle of the court, letting her opponent hit winners.
Then at the end of this set, she started to put more intensity, being more agressive. I think conditions were quite tough with unhealthy air quality, look at jakupovic breath struggle... it was big heat too.
I liked her 2nd set, her attitude, she fought and used her weapons 'serve, forhand) more and she was very competitive there. It was very close especially at 5-4* 30-30
She's under construction as she mentionned it in her intv, she needs to keep working hard and play on ITF Circuit to built her game and confidence.
I liked when she was hitting THROUGH the ball and being PRO ACTIVE. No ball in the middle nor slow slices...

I recorded the video and will be trying to upload it on YT...

It's another experience for Diane and hopefully she will learn from it. Good work for her. :) (y)

·
Registered
15,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Oh and I think I saw Amlie Mauresmo former coach in Diane camp, watching her. It would be great if Loic Courteau could also give her some advices...(y)

·
Registered
15,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
A little vid where we can see Diane training just before the AO. Very interesting cause we see a very humble Diane working hard with her coach
they were working on her BH, her coach told her to put more spin, racket speed and faster footwork

she told she's working step by step and will focus deeply on the pro tour, looking to learn "her job" as her coach explained.

·
Registered
15,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Diane playing W60 Andrézieux-Boutheon qualies

she's playing spanish Marina Bassols Ribera (#385) in 1st round

Allez!

·
Registered
15,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
won 7-5 6-0 (y)

The first game last 15 minutes, she won it and kept fighting hard. Perhaps she felt some tension during that first set. Then after winning it she may be playing with more "relief"
next is german Anna Zaja (#384)

Allez!

·
Registered
15,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Diane lost 3 and 4 but it's weird cause she withdrew from the doubles, she was pairing Clara Burel

hopefully this is not an injury...:cry:

81 - 94 of 94 Posts