Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
26,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you noticed what happened last week ? Dewonder dropped off the ranks. :(
She had only 3 events left on her list, and when points of last year's Waco tournament dropped off , she was kicked out. :(

The good news: She will already return next week, when the big points from Stanford qualifying will be added. :)
But there is danger soon again, as Dewonder will lose Lexington points in August. :(

And I checked some of her 2000 results:

Actually Dewonder has already won a match ! At Evansville (July 2000), she teamed up with Shenay Perry :eek: and in the first round they beat Caroline Germar/Katie McGlennen (both are bagel-girls) 6-3 6-2. :)
Unfortunately they had to face the 2nd seeds Marilyn Baker/Martha Garzon-Elkins :eek: in the quarterfinals, and they lost 4-6 1-6.

One week earlier, at Baltimore, Dewonder even managed to reach the maindraw by getting through a qualifying of 3 rounds !
In the first qualifying round, she beat Lilivette Rivera w/o. Unfortunately she lost 0-6 0-6 against Kristy Blumberg in the 2nd round. But she still got into the main draw, as there were 6 LL-spots in the maindraw, so all 3rd-round-losers and two 2nd-round-losers (including Dewonder who was the 2nd seed) got in. :) Dewonder lost in the first round though (0-6 1-6 against Elisabeth Schmidt). :(

Good luck Dewonder (and all the other bagel-girls) ! :)

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Go Dominique, you seem to be the Dewonder expert here.

Has she ever played a WTA level tournament before Stanford?

·
26,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hurley: No, I mean 4 x 0.25 points. ;) That's the unit you should use for the bagel-girls. ;)

Task: Yes, Dewonder has played another WTA-event - Quebec 2001 along with Nancy Loeffler-Caro and Karen Fodera. She lost 0-6 0-6 against Karine Ionesco.

ghosts: Unfortunately I have never seen any pics of Dewonder - only several of Nancy and a fake pic of Karen Fodera. ;)
But I think Joshua (VSFan1) took pics of her at the Greenville satellite which we are still waiting for. ;)

·
Keeper of Venus & Serena,
27,447 Posts
LOL, I still have the pics. I promise one day I will have them scanned and upload them ;)

Lee-Water's boy saw her too and was supposed to take a picture but he was to scurred ;)

Task: I was fortunate enough to watch a practice match between Dewonder and Nancy and Dewonder won 6/2, 6/0. No problems at all.

·
SMUstang,
8,482 Posts
I took pics of her when she was here in Dallas, only 2 othough an done was through the fence. I'll scan them tonight if I can, for sure this weekend!

·
SMUstang,
8,482 Posts
And I agree, there is no way nancy can touch Dewonder. Dewonder is capable of hitting a winner, lots of mistakes but I think she's basically more of an athlete than Nancy is. They're both not tennis athletes though ;) Nancy's balls tend to head straight for the back fence.

·
Registered
11,923 Posts
I wonder how much practice Nancy does when she's not playing? She could at least learn to keep the ball in play, and perhaps she could win a few games at least... :confused: :sad:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts