Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39,724 Posts
These weekly result threads are becoming a bit too boring and predictable by now

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L29 mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,806 Posts
Poor Lipsticki...

:tears:

Reactions: ziggy2shus3

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Just curious:

If Lisucki's ranking stays low and she can't win a tournament. Can she be eligible for a wild card from AELTC as a former finalist (or it's all up to them)?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Just curious:

If Lisucki's ranking stays low and she can't win a tournament. Can she be eligible for a wild card from AELTC as a former finalist (or it's all up to them)?
It's not likely the AELTC will give a wild card. She didn't get one last year and lost in the 1st round of qualifying.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
She'd not get a Wimbledon wildcard unless she was showing form that implied she could make a dent in the main draw.

If that happened in a year where there were few viable MDWC choices, she might stand a chance.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Poor girl keeps getting bad draws and losing mental battles in the 3rd.

·
Registered
16,943 Posts
She's clearly not fit, it's not mental.

She's 30 soon, Naomi and Ash would be calling her Old Veteran.

·
Premium Member
28,207 Posts
It’s hard to put your finger on it...you would have thought when she was coming back she would have put in the work and slowly but surely the wins would have come. What is it? Is it mental is it physical? How can someone go from being decent to being so bad even with an injury break?

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
If she cant win matches on grass, then she’s hit rock bottom sadly. Onto Mallorca... :tape:
I don't know why this is a surprise. SHE NEVER DID CONSISTENTLY WELL ON GRASS TOURNAMENTS. The only tournament you could hope for a good run was Wimbledon. She always was and is too up and down all year long, notwithstanding the surface.

·
Registered
12,256 Posts
I don't know why this is a surprise. SHE NEVER DID CONSISTENTLY WELL ON GRASS TOURNAMENTS. The only tournament you could hope for a good run was Wimbledon. She always was and is too up and down all year long, notwithstanding the surface.
TBF though, she never actually played that many grass tournaments, as the grass season is short and used to be even shorter. She only played Eastbourne once for some reason. But, she did win Birmingham in 2011, so it's not like she only performs at Wimbledon.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
TBF though, she never actually played that many grass tournaments, as the grass season is short and used to be even shorter. She only played Eastbourne once for some reason. But, she did win Birmingham in 2011, so it's not like she only performs at Wimbledon.
Won it once and when defending title lost in her first match. :spit:

I didn't say she was unable to win tournaments but that her form is really up and down. She could perform well everywhere but never consistently on a year basis (bar Wimbledon).

She's the only finalist from recent years that still failed to reach the top10 (not counting Markéta ofc).

·
Registered
34,132 Posts
I think Sabine's problems are mostly mental because her game is largely confidence based and she has been managing to make almost all of her matches close :shrug:. But it's sad to see her still struggling and failing to build on the momentum of last week's win.

Will she even make it into Wimbledon qualifying without a wildcard? I would think she at least deserves a QWC as a former finalist, although her results this year are not going to help her cause…

·
Registered
13,049 Posts
I think Sabine's problems are mostly mental because her game is largely confidence based and she has been managing to make almost all of her matches close :shrug:. But it's sad to see her still struggling and failing to build on the momentum of last week's win.

Will she even make it into Wimbledon qualifying without a wildcard? I would think she at least deserves a QWC as a former finalist, although her results this year are not going to help her cause…
I didn't see this match ... but have you seen her Q1 match in Melbourne? She was clearly out of shape there.

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
1 win this year, against Ellen Perez.

She should do what Dokic, Zvonareva, Gronefeld, Lucic and others did - play low level ITF events for as long as needed to regain form and fitness. If she can't win there, then that's a sign in itself.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts