1st: def. Loit 6-3 6-7(3-7) 6-3
2nd: def. Sanchez-Lorenzo 4-6 6-3 6-4

Head To Head
Sharapova leads 1-0; 0-0 indoors; 1-0 in 2003
2003-06-09 Birmingham Grass QF Maria Sharapova (RUS) 2-6 7-6(4) 6-2

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Elena served for the match at 6-5 in the 2nd, credit to Maria pulling it off. But Elena was struggling at that time, having lost 1st round at FO upon return from injury.

Elena is more confident now, will want revenge and moves a hell of a lot better than maria.

I predict Elena in two tough sets! :)

·
Registered
16,898 Posts
I like Elena in 3 sets. She's playing some of the best tennis in her career coming into Shanghai while Maria has struggled to beat Loit and Sanchez-Lorenzo in Shanghai. Elena will be pumped up for this match. And she should win unless she has a meltdown.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I go with Elena's current form but I hope she gets a lot of first serves in or else, the Chinese crowd will hear a lot of winners....screams..

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
36,021 Posts
I will be happy with either winning, but I feel so bad that they are playing so early..it would ahve been mydream final there...

Well good luck Elena D..It'S your chance to get your best ever ranking! Maria, youll have more time to win a lot of matches!

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
Maria won't be bothered by Demetieva's flat shots at all. Maria could win in 3.

·
Registered
24,739 Posts
i like them both. i think the match hinges on how well maria serves and returns. lets face it, ppl have trouble with elena's serve-- no matter how slow and predictable it is. maria has the bigger serve, but she will need to play it smart against a good returner like dementieva.
i think maria in three. it wouldn't be too unlike dementieva to have a let down and it wouldnt be unlike maria to play some of her best tennis against a good player.

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
I'm 100% behind Maria!!! :bounce:

Come on Masha!!! YOU CAN DO IT AGAIN!!! :bounce:

Reactions: F-R-E-A-K

·
Registered
851 Posts
Go Elena D! :bounce: I'm 100% supporting her :)

But don't drain yourself, because I want to see you take Moscow by storm :bounce: :hug:

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I'm rooting for Elena. She will need to do more with that serve because Maria will be all over it. Elena in two sets.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.