• Elena Dementieva wins in 2 Sets

Votes: 23 35.9%
  • Elena Dementieva wins in 3 Sets

Votes: 20 31.3%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Banned
6,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've thought about it hard, and due to recent events its a tough one to choose.

Who is going to win Bali 2003?

I know most of you use the excuse well Rubin lost first round at the US Open so she sucks, blah blah blah, and then you use Dementieva got to the 4th Round, or QF, I don't know which because I stopped watching after Pierce lost.

Anyways I think that when you go into a new tournament everything that happens a week ago is erased.

So I am going to post a poll to see who you think you will win Bali 2003 and in how many sets.

My vote will be, and I know this obvious coming from me but this is what I truly think: Rubin in 3 sets.

So vote, and post your opinion.​

I don't care if you bash me or w/e just please vote.

· Registered
4,309 Posts
I crazily picked Elena in two sets.

I think Rubin has the advantage over Elena only due to the H2Hs but that sorta thing is just what motivated Elena to beat Amelie (which she did).

It was only after those losses to Rubin that Elena won AI and I feel she is a different player now. Hopefully she will be on a revenge mission and takes the title to keep on building her upward rise.

Even though Rubin is the favourite, Elena always has a chance, so I'll pick her!!

Prove me right Elena! :)

· Registered
24,742 Posts
i think elena... she's a different player these days. both of the servers suck miserably, but elena is the far better returner and should win the rallies if she can keep it to rubins backhand. she's the more balanced player. both are quick, both volley well, i think it will come down to the serve and return. elena needs a high percentage of 1st serves, rubin needs to come up with some good stuff too-- as it is becoming increasingly difficult to knock dementieva off balance.

· Registered
17,738 Posts
I think whoever wins it it will be in three. But I cant descide I HOPE ELENA!

Good luck to both players.

Reactions: pReUrBrIyN

· Registered
11,065 Posts
alextreiber03 said:

I don't care if you bash me or w/e just please vote.​

if you posted like this previously i don't think anyone would/could have a problem with you. this post was respectful to dementieva, and there wasn't anything anyone could have an issue with. people didn't care before for expressing your opinions, they took issue to the way the way you were doing it. it's good to see you've classed it up.

i think chanda will win this match, something like 6-4, 3-6, 6-3​

· Banned
6,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
switz said:
if you posted like this previously i don't think anyone would/could have a problem with you. this post was respectful to dementieva, and there wasn't anything anyone could have an issue with. people didn't care before for expressing your opinions, they took issue to the way the way you were doing it. it's good to see you've classed it up.

i think chanda will win this match, something like 6-4, 3-6, 6-3
:)

· Banned
6,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks all for voting...I couldn't give you all reputation, because it says I gave to much in the past 24 hours, so once I'm able to do more I'll give it to you!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.