25,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
7 career titles - Petrova
6 career titles - Dementieva

#3 career high rank - Petrova
#4 career high rank - Dementieva

2 Tier I titles - Petrova
1 Tier I title - Dementieva

Dementieva has spent a lot more time in the top ten, and she's been to two GS finals.

·
Registered
23,560 Posts
Dementieva. Performing better in GSs too. Petrova is not far behind Because Petrova is consistent on other tournaments

·
Registered
20,008 Posts
dementieva's will be more memorable because she has the flashier accomplishments with the 2 slam finals.

she's a little ahead right now due to longevity.

·
Registered
15,098 Posts
Dementieva does have that Silver Medal from Olympics in Australia

·
Banned
9,786 Posts
Dementieva.
Better results at Grand Slams.
Almost the same amount of titles. And Petrova was No.3 only for 4 weeks so Dementieva has the edge in terms of the rankings too.

·
Registered
20,122 Posts
Dementieva, but Nadia will probably be better if Elena doesn't turn it around soon.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
For sure Elena. She has proven herself in slams. The only semi Nadia reached was a one sided affair in the favor of Justine. The slams are where champions and names are made.

·
Banned
9,786 Posts
For sure Elena. She has proven herself in slams. The only semi Nadia reached was a one sided affair in the favor of Justine. The slams are where champions and names are made.
Nadia reached two RG semifinals...

·
Registered
25,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For sure Elena. She has proven herself in slams.
Generally, only winning a slam is considered proof of champiohship mettle. What did the 2004 RG final prove about Dementieva?

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
lenaD

·
Registered
23,560 Posts

·
Registered
25,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I find this interesting. Winning more and bigger tournaments is not the measure of who's better for a lot of you.

·
Registered
24,266 Posts
I find this interesting. Winning more and bigger tournaments is not the measure of who's better for a lot of you.
Well they're really close in those areas. Dementieva has been the better player for a lot longer too, but without tournament wins. Petrova has really only been good the last 2 years.

Considering we're talking about Russians, it's also HUGE that Lena has a silver medal.

But if they keep going like they are, Petrova will unseat Lena.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts