Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't care if she never wins a slam, or if she drops out of the top ten tomorrow. The woman is a legend. :hearts:
How the heck does anyone get to two slam finals, and become a top-tenner with a serve like that?? She almost double-faulted away the second set. Must be 55 double faults in 4 matches,and counting.What a character!

:worship: :worship: :worship:

PS-Does anyone know how many double faults Elena has served up this year so far?

Reactions: RR-87

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
One thing is for sure. If Elena had a decent second serve she would well on the way to being a hall of fame tennis player.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
No one is doubting the fact that Elena has the talent to be a hall of famer and her results up to now won't get her in their but she has to have better results across the board to make like winning a slam(s) and getting into at least the top 3

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
i hope you are seriously kidding me. she is NOT hall of fame material yet. i love the girl, but it's true.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
i was shocked when they said her 3 set match reord since 2004 is 38-11!!it shows how mentally tough she is and in my mind has the best groundies on tour

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was kidding! She should be a hall-of-famer just on her serve. Its legendary!

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
I hope she can achieve the prerequisites to become a legitimate hall of famer, now that would be sweet :)

BTW, hey cat :wavey:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
elena is full of talent, as you guy know if she serve well no one can ever beat her.
so I totally agree with you that elena should be in this

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
pacomexican said:
unless she wins a slam she's not hall of fame potential

i agree. UNLESS she starts winning a lot more tier I's and some doubles slam titles.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
tennisguy21 said:
i was shocked when they said her 3 set match reord since 2004 is 38-11!!it shows how mentally tough she is and in my mind has the best groundies on tour
i know! i think it was since 2003 though.. clarification anybody?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Lena is one of the greatest players on Tour!!!! Her serve is horrible but what she achieved with this kinda serve is remarkable!!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Elena is an excellent player but why doesn't she get help on the serve. Sure she has a great 3 set record but she also has zero grand slam titles. And the reason why is because Elena doesn't have that great a serve. Sure she beats most of the players and ocasionally some of the best. However, I have noticed Elena has not been able to beat 2 or 3 top players in a row and that's why she doesn't have a slam title. Also, isn't she annoyed at having to work so very hard to win her matches. She has a great record due to her incredible fitness, she is in amazing shape. If Elena wasn't a great athlete she would of been a very mediocore player.

·
Registered
20,008 Posts
I think this thread was complimenting how well Elena fights and claws through matches, such as her matches against Yakimova, Mirza, and Ivanovic this week. It wasn't really implying for Elena to be inducted. Lighten up.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts