Banned
14,953 Posts
Go Alyona! :woohoo:

Reactions: Gowza

·
Registered
600 Posts
tennisIlove09 said:
Was expecting a three setter. Where has Molik gone from earlier this year?
It's the same Molik...against a tough opponent. Alicia did cause her share of upsets this year, but remember at the start of the year she was ranked much lower than her current "lofty" 45, so those wins against players ranked above 50 recieved more attention. People, including myself, seem to expect Alicia to be able to beat any opponent, but every player has their off days. It sounded to me like she put up a good fight....it's not like she rolled over and died.

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
Alicia. :sad: :sad:

I still love you totally!!!! Good luck in New York!!! :D

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
kell, i'm not so sure it is the same molik. watching her at the hopman cup earlier in the year and then at wimbledon, at wimbledon she didn't look like she was playing as well. her grooundies are just a bit off. they are a bit inconsistent now and i don't think she goes for winners quite as often as she was earlier in the year. but she is still playing better than she has any other year.

·
62,411 Posts
Gowza said:
kell, i'm not so sure it is the same molik. watching her at the hopman cup earlier in the year and then at wimbledon, at wimbledon she didn't look like she was playing as well. her grooundies are just a bit off. they are a bit inconsistent now and i don't think she goes for winners quite as often as she was earlier in the year. but she is still playing better than she has any other year.
I agree with you. I saw her at the Fed Cup last month and she seems the same as last year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.