Tennis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: ;)

She's the only one beating Justine one clay this year, as Justine has won 21/22 on clay beating the present world no. 1 and 2 two times each

·
Registered
9,981 Posts
That's special of course, but her performance in RG:eek:

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Yes, Dementieva has something to be proud of!

First title with beating the best player on clay. Eventhough her RG was horrible, I think that is something special for her. Justine had a match point, but congrats to Elena once again.

Reactions: AKTW

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
great smash said:
:eek: ;)

She's the only one beating Justine one clay this year, as Justine has won 21/22 on clay beating the present world no. 1 and 2 two times each
Yeah that is quite an upset and accomplishement, which was predicted by me. :wavey: Funny how I predicted the only Henin loss on clay this year, and funny how I predicted the first loss of Serena this year. And of course Henin won the French which was also part of my prediction. The next one is Monica winning Wimbledon which is even more tougher then any prediction I made, but once it happens, you will realize that I'm not joking. :wavey:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
selesrules said:
Yeah that is quite an upset and accomplishement, which was predicted by me. :wavey: Funny how I predicted the only Henin loss on clay this year, and funny how I predicted the first loss of Serena this year. And of course Henin won the French which was also part of my prediction. The next one is Monica winning Wimbledon which is even more tougher then any prediction I made, but once it happens, you will realize that I'm not joking. :wavey:

I'm far from convinced your next prediction will come true, but I can tell you I'll be thrilled if it does :eek:

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
That was a great win for Elena! :D But Justine is better on red clay than green clay. And Elena caught Justine when she wasn't playing her best tennis.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Yes I can't believe that she went from winning in style to losing in the first round of Strasborg and RG!!!!! Berlin is forgivable.

Play well in BMH ELENA!!!

·
Banned
303 Posts
dava_russianrule said:
Yes I can't believe that she went from winning in style to losing in the first round of Strasborg and RG!!!!! Berlin is forgivable.

Elena had a good week at Amelia Island and looked like the Elena of 2000. Perhaps she could be top 10 again if she beefed up her serve and became more positive. :wavey:

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
dava_russianrule said:

Elena was still nursing an injury when she lost all those 1st round matches...

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Yep it is damn special.

the cat, lets not take anything away from Elena ;). Justine had just won a title, thumped Monica and received a w/o on green clay when she met Elena.

The match stats showed that Justine out-winnered Elena, so she must have been creating her opportunities.

Elena won the match fair and square, its not as though Elena was on fire either! Elena just used her groundstrokes to full effect making Henin run everywhere.

Hopefully that injury is gone and we see great success from Elena on the grass. With her groundies, she will be awesome to watch! :)

·
Registered
991 Posts
yep - she's a great player.

Can't wait to finally see her lve at Birmingham this week! :)

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Yes,I notice that. :D
Justine is awesome on clay this year but everyone knows how awesome Elena was at Amelia Island.Wow,beating Justine on clay is really special for Elena!In addition,being the only player who beat Justine on clay this year means a lot to Elena!
Get well now and play well on grass!

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Go Elena!! :eek::)

·
Registered
14,429 Posts
Alyona :) :D:D:D

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,639 Posts
selesrules said:
Well, first of all you predicted that Dementieva would beat Justine in 2 sets, and she needed 3 sets...

Now you have announced for weeks that Monica will win Wimbledon this year, and she has withdrawn :rolleyes:

Looks like you're not the one you claim to be!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts