13,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OUCH..

Thought Hingis would come trumps up.

Not to be.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I don't know, but I had a feeling that Elena would win this match easily. Martina looked very tired after the Maria match.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Congrats Elena!! That's amazing!! Only 3 DFs!

·
Registered
121 Posts
tires after maria match? 6-3,6-1? hmmm how bout elena after her match? 6-4,3-6,6-4?

Peace :wavey:

·
Banned
9,219 Posts
At least Now Elena has a tier one. This is actually the first title i've seen Elena win, it's been a long long while.

Considering this is her comeback - i think Martina was tired - but i hope she comes back strong. I'm so happy she's back.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
This is a big step for Elena, as she gains a significant title that has eluded her up to this point. In that respect, this year is already better than the last.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have to admit I tought Lena would win in 3 sets....but this is acceptable !! :lol: I will always believe in her !!! :bounce:

·
Foo Fighters
9,056 Posts
what a match.
After that wins against Kirilenko and Sharapova, I thought this 6/2 ; 6/0 would stand for Martina.
But after this match, wow, Congrats Elena, she played great!

·
Registered
118,025 Posts
Elena is much steadier than Maria. And Hingis has played a lot of matches in the last 3 weeks.

Elena Dementieva of Russia leaps for joy after winning the final match against Martina Hingis of Switzerland at the Pan Pacific Open women's tennis tournament in Tokyo Sunday, Feb. 5, 2006. Dementieva defeated Hingis 6-2, 6-0. (AP Photo/Kyodo News)

·
Registered
13,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
great pic......i jus wish that she changes that top...its too ugly and lena d deserves to put on somethin sexy

·
Registered
322 Posts
:worship: Elena!! Woowooo!!!

Took her time about winning another title but HOORAH!!!!!!!! Mommy Vera must be very proud :) Sweet picture too :yeah:

·
Banned
799 Posts
I just don't get how she could lose like that after playing her best tennis in the semi-finals

1 - 20 of 23 Posts