***Delightful Dani Cheering Thread***

2K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  fan22 
#1 ·
Best of luck Dani!

#2 ·
from the official website:

Hantuchova Aims High
Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Daniela Hantuchova has enjoyed not inconsiderable success at Wimbledon, winning the Mixed Doubles event in 2001. However, in last year’s Championships she broke through in the singles, eventually bowing out in the Quarter-Finals to the eventual champion, Serena Williams.

5ft 11in Hantuchova is in the chasing pack behind Serena and her sister Venus, but the twenty-year-old Slovakian believes she can tap into the experience of reaching last year's Quarter‑Final.

She said: "It was a great tournament for me (she also reached the mixed doubles Final with Zimbabwean Kevin Ulyett). It was the first time I had made the final eight in the singles and I got to take on one of the top players in Serena with the fantastic crowd behind me. It was exciting and something I can learn from.

"My English coach Nigel (Sears) told me that there'd be a lot written about me in the papers (like comparisons to the glamorous image of fellow player Anna Kournikova) but I was pleased they could also talk about my tennis.

"I played Venus in the quarter‑finals of the Australian Open this year so have shown I can play against these top players. The sisters might be more experienced and be more powerful but I've got other things in my game and I am developing them.

"I'm really looking to coming back to Wimbledon. It is exciting to me."

Hantuchova believes the work she has done with Sears will benefit her campaign over the fortnight. She said: "Nigel has improved my techniques and mental attitudes as well as helping to make me stronger physically."

Hantuchova has had a consistent year, also making the last eight in Sydney, the Paris Indoor, Charleston, Amelia Island and Berlin and it took Venus to stop her reaching the Antwerp final.

However, she had a disappointing French Open, going out to American Ashley Harkleroad in the Second Round.

Sears declines to make predictions about how Hantuchova will fare at The Championships this year but he feels she can make an impact.

He said: "Daniela has proved she can be dangerous at Wimbledon and if she can force her way into the second week again there's always a chance she could do well. But the two Williams sisters are clearly favourites and the other girls, Daniela included, have got it all to do if they are going to upset the routines Serena and Venus have established for themselves.

"The Williams sisters have taken tennis to a new level and they are taking tennis more serious and are playing better this year. It makes it a great challenge for the people chasing them.

"In order to pressure the Williamses you have to serve well. Daniela does. You've got to have big shots on both sides. The added dimension that Daniela has is that she can take the pace off the ball and use angles and touch which used at the right time can be effective.

"She has the potential to rival the sisters but must stay healthy and continue to work as hard as she does now.

One thing is for sure, she is not scared of them and a lot of other players are.

"If Daniela can build on her quarter‑final in Australia, which was her third successive Grand Slam quarter‑final, there's absolutely no reason she can't have a special Grand Slam this year.

“I'm not going to tell you she will win Wimbledon or even reach the semis. I'd rather say, like I say to her every time, let's make the second week, that's where the real tournament starts."

#4 ·
:bounce: You've got my support :wavey:

#5 ·
Tons of luck, Daniela, and plz don't focus just on the Williams sisters ...

Go Dani, believe in your strength ! :kiss:

#9 ·
Good luck Dani! Shut up those critics!! :)

#10 ·
:bounce: Go Dani Go :bounce:

As usual, the whole CP is behind you

#11 ·
Udachi Dani! :kiss: She is such a lovely girl! :angel: And thanks for that lovely Dani photo, GrahamD! :D

Reactions: GrahamD
#12 ·
Congrats Daniela ! :kiss: :bounce: :kiss:

round 1/Day 1

Daniela HANTUCHOVA (SVK) def. Marion BARTOLI (FRA) 6-4 6-1

Really good play in the second, growing confidence
led to more and more fh-winners ...
But plz Daniela try to come to the net ! ;)

Keep focused girl ! :D

#13 ·
That's a good win for Dani. :) Bartoli is tough. I was worried when she was down 2-4 in the first set. But then she turned it on and ran away with the match.

#14 ·
Marion played well but Daniela played very impressive tennis. She found the corners of the court and was better at every level today. Marion couldn't create any points.

So congrats to all who supported Dani today!

#17 ·
GrahamD said:
attachments don't work anymore @www2. :fiery:
I already tred to post ranking-updates (pdf)

Best of luck Dani in your match vs Shinobu ! :D
h2h

Daniela HANTUCHOVA (SVK) v Shinobu ASAGOE (JPN)

2000 Oklahoma Carpet (I) 32 Daniela HANTUCHOVA 6-4 6-3

Daniela HANTUCHOVA (SVK) leads 1 : 0

#20 ·
I still love you Dani!!! GOOD LUCK IN DUBS WITH CHANDA!!

#23 ·
Good luck in doubles girls :bounce:

Chanda, cheer dani a lil' bit up, will ya?! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.