Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
30,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please forgive me if this has been asked before, but why can't we delete posts anymore?

·
Banned
30,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mo~Unique said:
i just deleted a message. :confused:
Well, I clicked edit to delete a post and there was nothing there to allow me to delete it.

·
Banned
30,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mo~Unique said:
oh...well i don't know then. :shrug:
Maybe because it was the first post to start the thread, but in the past you could do it to the first post to delete the thread you started. I wonder why you can't now.

·
Kookie Supporter
67,249 Posts
Denise4925 said:
Maybe because it was the first post to start the thread, but in the past you could do it to the first post to delete the thread you started. I wonder why you can't now.
If it's a chat thread, you can't delete it, but others one you should be able to remove.

Maybe the mods thought however your posts were so memorable, they did not want them removed. :D

·
***** Emeritus
42,024 Posts
I don't know the precise details, but once a thread hit a certain amount of posts you can't delete it anymore. This was done because a lot of posters didn't like it when they lost a lot of posts (so basically, once you have a certain number of replies it is no longer your thread, but the thread of the whole board ;)).

·
Banned
30,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
James said:
If it's a chat thread, you can't delete it, but others one you should be able to remove.
Naw, it's not a chat thread.

Maybe the mods thought however your posts were so memorable, they did not want them removed. :D
:lol: :hearts: James

·
Banned
30,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Crow said:
I don't know the precise details, but once a thread hit a certain amount of posts you can't delete it anymore. This was done because a lot of posters didn't like it when they lost a lot of posts (so basically, once you have a certain number of replies it is no longer your thread, but the thread of the whole board ;)).
Well, it only had two posts at the time. :confused: It's on the Team USA board and I was asking to give me a Uranium bubble, but when I realized I didn't have enough points, I was going to delete the thread, but it wouldn't let me.

·
double-dog daredevil
12,044 Posts
Just for fun, try to edit your first post in this thread, then one of the others - do you get the delete option on either?

·
Banned
30,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
griffin said:
Just for fun, try to edit your first post in this thread, then one of the others - do you get the delete option on either?
I did that and I got the delete option for one of the other posts, but not for the first.

·
double-dog daredevil
12,044 Posts
It must only work in some forums, then, becaue I know people have deleted their threads in Gen Mess.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts