Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine calls her daughter puentes/tas or something like that, but I can't find it in an online dictionary. Can someone tell me what it means.

·
3,676 Posts
er do you possibly mean "puenteas" ??

..and er well im not a native spanish speaker therefore im not sure if its a figure of speech or a nickname or sth of the sort.. but literally i believe it means sth to the extent of: - to go around sth (like bypass it) or to advoid sth? :confused:

·
Registered
9,173 Posts
Yes, puentes means bridges in Spanish, and puentas I don't think it exists (at least, I haven't heard it).
And I can't imagine anyone calling puentes her daughter :confused:

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
As above Puentes = bridges and it's really weird to call someone like that :confused:

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
omg lol :p bridge sounds better :)

·
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmm.....I guess I'll let her continue to think she is calling her Princess.....this is too funny.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
puentes as in tito puentes? wasn't that a famous cuban music musician or something?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
WtaTour4Ever said:
hmmm.....I guess I'll let her continue to think she is calling her Princess.....this is too funny.
In that case, maybe the mum is saying "pwinthess" (princess said with a infantile lisp), possibly a nick-name from early childhood?

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
yes, puentes can be a surname too :) but anyway it means bridge lol :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts