Tennis Forum banner

101 - 120 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
From what I saw at Junior Wimbledon, Polina Kudermetova, Selekhmeteva and Shnaider (although she lost against #1 seed), maybe Tikhonova will have great careers. Polina reached the QFs and played really, really well, with so powerful groundstrokes, good serve for her age. The younger juniors (Pavlova, Gureva, Pridankina, Andreevi sisters) also have amazing results and show promise. Don't forget Anastasia Zakharova, Maria Timofeeva and Kamilla Rakhimova.
Potapova, V. Kudermetova, Gracheva and Samsonova are improving, it looks like Olesya will return (according to her Instagram profile), so give them time. I'm sure that at least one of them will reach highs in this sport.

Изпратено от моят T1-701u с помощта на Tapatalk

·
Registered
382 Posts
Essentially better than criminal olligarchs from the military industrial complex, that also dominate 90% of the American fake media. where the corrupion amounts to trillions and scrap weapons are produced.The American people do not deserve this fate. Putin does everything for the Russian people. Even the last representative of the people in a dump in the last village of Nebraska is unfortunately corrupt. The system must collapse. :eek:
So what about Russian media and local representatives? Are they any better than USA's?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Logical since their EPO labs all got shut down by WADA and now they're scrambling to even be allowed into competitions at this point.

·
Banned
446 Posts
Logical since their EPO labs all got shut down by WADA and now they're scrambling to even be allowed into competitions at this point.
I love Russia but Russia should follow a Western path, a together path. Putin can't forbid internet media, therefore it's only a matter of time the Russians will not support isolation anymore. I liked Gorbachev.

You wouldn't believe in Russia, Moldova, I think even Ukraine, there still exist solid Communist parties. :eek:

But if you ask me how was possible Lance Armstrong not to be discovered in 1-2 decades? WADA should be totally fair and independent.

·
Banned
446 Posts
So what about Russian media and local representatives? Are they any better than USA's?
I would follow the US in policy, well not in war! So far they didn't invent German and Russian ideologies. Everything is fine except the polluted music and film industries, and symbol mockeries of course.

·
Registered
17,877 Posts

I was only once in Russia for 10 days, everything was fine. There are probably a lot of areas where Russia is corrupt. Especially in the region and small cities. Only the Americans have developed for about 1.3 trillion F-35 what is scrap. Americans have built an anti-missile shield for hundreds of billions, which is useless considering the hypersonic Russian weapons. Americans have built a fleet for hundreds of billions of dollars where North Koreans, Chinese, Iranians and Venezuelans are not afraid and the Russians need 10 minutes to destroy it. Clearly the US Department of War has the press under control almost worldwide. But the dimension is terrible for American taxpayers. Russia manages to reduce its military spending in the last three years, not so the megacorrupt USA.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Essentially better than criminal olligarchs from the military industrial complex, that also dominate 90% of the American fake media. where the corrupion amounts to trillions and scrap weapons are produced.The American people do not deserve this fate. Putin does everything for the Russian people. Even the last representative of the people in a dump in the last village of Nebraska is unfortunately corrupt. The system must collapse. :eek:
But sorry to say Americans don’t flee America like Russians are fleeing Russia!!!

·
Registered
17,877 Posts
But sorry to say Americans don’t flee America like Russians are fleeing Russia!!!

The West has been fighting Russia for centuries. US did not have to experience such a thing. It is a miracle that Russia exists. In 20th century Stalin saved Russia, in 21st century Putin. No coincidence that these two are the most hated people. :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
The West has been fighting Russia for centuries. US did not have to experience such a thing. It is a miracle that Russia exists. In 20th century Stalin saved Russia, in 21st century Putin. No coincidence that these two are the most hated people. :)
sorry, but you are talking in Russia's propaganda cliches. 'West is trying to destroy Russia', 'Stalin and Putin saved Russia', 'USA is corrupt to the core', 'USA's political system will collapse soon', 'USA media is false news'. I suggest you cut down on watching whatever you are watching (or reading), this isn't healty for your world view.

·
Registered
17,877 Posts
sorry, but you are talking in Russia's propaganda cliches. 'West is trying to destroy Russia', 'Stalin and Putin saved Russia', 'USA is corrupt to the core', 'USA's political system will collapse soon', 'USA media is false news'. I suggest you cut down on watching whatever you are watching (or reading), this isn't healty for your world view.
The question is, as Russians like Americans learned from Goebbels, who can do better?

https://www.brainz.org/10-most-evil-propaganda-techniques-used-nazis/ :)

http://www.psywarrior.com/Goebbels.html

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Does this sound familiar ? this is what the LTA have been doing in England for decades, look at all the players now and then, vast majority from very middle class/wealthy families, only have to listen to their posh accents to know even before you've heard their back story, Watson is more well spoken than the Queen.

Then look at Britain's biggest success, Andy Murray, not from a rich background, not part of the LTA system, from the Sanchez-Casal academy.

As for the Russian's. Drugs in Athletics is hugely beneficial for simple speed and power events, but Tennis is a highly skilled/technical and dynamic sport on different surfaces so you can have the best chemist at your disposal but it's not going to change your talent/ability, though given how lax drug testing over the years in tennis has been it would not surprised me if many players from many countries used them to increase training intensity and match stamina, but that can only get you so far in this game.

Dominance can be cyclical, American's used to dominate men and womens, they don't anymore, Roddick last man to win atp slam in 2003.

What amazes me is China, over 1.5 billion people, no chinese stars in tennis in men and womens game today.
Let's get real, last winter olympics, there was a russian doped caught in curling. It is pointless try to argue and quantify whther there would be an advantage for the particular sport and how much. They simply dope if they can.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
It's not like Spain or Italy are any better. :shrug:

Italy with 1(!!!!) player in top100.
On the other Hand, Italian Men's tennis has been doing really well recently...Italy have 6 in top 100 and 16 in Top200 in ATP, which I think is only 2nd behind US.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Let's get real, last winter olympics, there was a russian doped caught in curling. It is pointless try to argue and quantify whther there would be an advantage for the particular sport and how much. They simply dope if they can.
Wait, and the others not, right?

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
let's also not forget Russia loses many players to Kazakhstan and other countries in the caucus but they are irrelevant anyway right now.

Is Pavlyuchenkova the Russian no. 1?

Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Yeah, it seems like there are no otherworldly young talents at the moment from Russia. But that can change quickly.

And in any case, young Russians are not permanently gone from the top 20.

Potapova has a great chance to be in top 20 within a year, Blinkova seems kind of forgotten but is still very young and in the top 100... and I remembered right about Vikhlyantseva being a university student - it seems she graduated a week or two back. So the next year is the test for her, can she really focus on her tennis and improve her level? Meanwhile, Kasatkina was top 10 last year, she will surely regroup and reload when she finds the right balance again.

I believe one or two of the above names will pan out.

·
Banned
446 Posts
I was only once in Russia for 10 days, everything was fine. There are probably a lot of areas where Russia is corrupt. Especially in the region and small cities. Only the Americans have developed for about 1.3 trillion F-35 what is scrap. Americans have built an anti-missile shield for hundreds of billions, which is useless considering the hypersonic Russian weapons. Americans have built a fleet for hundreds of billions of dollars where North Koreans, Chinese, Iranians and Venezuelans are not afraid and the Russians need 10 minutes to destroy it. Clearly the US Department of War has the press under control almost worldwide. But the dimension is terrible for American taxpayers. Russia manages to reduce its military spending in the last three years, not so the megacorrupt USA.
Russia is not just Moscow and St Petersburg. Ask Putin why are his people living worse than in the EU. Russia is ran by lying oligarchs and soon because of the media the Russians will start being less manipulated and more opened to the West. The place of Russia is in Europe. The only real friends of Putin are Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, Venezuela, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Belarus, Serbia maybe etc They are losing terrain even in Ukraine. They lost Poland, Romania and Baltic states, they will also lose Bulgaria.

US-EU means democracy, countries with decades of democracy, not ran by a hypocrite. Is Putin really a Christian? I doubt so. He didn't forbid abortion for instance.

Russia is lying that Spain, Romania, Poland etc are trying to invade Russia with an anti-ballistic missile shield.

Of course, there are also a lot of bad aspects in West, but Russia isn't the non-immoral country of the world and the Messiah. Just take a look at Putin's actions and you will know. In Russia regarding corruption a lot worse things happen than in the US.

Regarding doping because you have talked, United States is as guilty as Russia. There are examples starting with Lance Armstrong. But yet again the WADA headquarters are now to Canada. Still I don't think that's enough. America and Europe are corrupt, so they should move it to Australia or Japan. Let them run, because they were clean.

·
Registered
17,877 Posts
From wikipedia:
A business leader can be considered an oligarch if they satisfy the following conditions:

1. they are among the largest private owners in the country
  2. they possess sufficient political power to promote their own interests
  3. they control multiple businesses, which intensively coordinate their activities.
This describes exactly the situation in the USA. The ten richest families determine politics. All members of the Senate and Congress are corrupt, committed to the people who gave them money for the election. In Russia, the oligarchs have nothing to say, that is the result of the constitution that Americans have written for Yeltsin. The Americans interfere everywhere and they receive the opposite what they wanted.

Writing about democracy in the West is a mockery. The Americans / West always say democracy. But they only mean their interests and exterminate the peoples on other continents. Racism, fascism, Konzentration Lager, nazism and genocide all come from Europe/USA. Simply they know no borders. Only the power shifts today to Asia and hopefully in the future also to Africa and South America. Europe today is military nobody and it loses seriously. :eek:

·
Registered
17,877 Posts
Russia is lying that Spain, Romania, Poland etc are trying to invade Russia with an anti-ballistic missile shield.

Spain, Poland and Romania have little to do with that. It is USA, where the official doctrine is to destroy Russia with 5000 missiles. Spain, Romania, Poland are the countries where politicians have betrayed their own people. Only the Russians are in military field not as corrupt as the Americans. For the Russians (and Chinese) is an existential issue to have excellent weapons. They are now about 10-15 years ahead of USA. If Russia is to be attacked, the USA will be destroyed within half an hour. The press does not know, the politicians do not know, the public is deceived, but Pentagon knows. NATO is militarily pointless, but a very good instrument to sell American weapons. :)

101 - 120 of 165 Posts