Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when we were running out of things to discuss, Emma sends us a coded message over Instagram! 馃槷 What is she trying to tell us? Come on Emma fans we need to combine our immense brainpower to work this out! 馃 Thanks to @xenosys for the beautiful screenshot. I will give a prize to the best answer!

Photograph Tennis White Leg Muscle

Registered
"My game is a work in progress, and I'll continue to thoughtfully develop different parts to my game, use my head more during matches, and play with more passion."

She seemed genuinely quite proud about her ability to think on the fly, fight hard and play with half-a-forehand and serve in Australia. She also seemed happy and surprised that her forecourt game was quite solid when she had to resort to hitting short/deep slices and drop shots off both wings, so I'm sure her post alludes to something related to that.

if that's the quality of her forecourt game with virtually no practice on court (according to her), than she could be an unbelievable all-around player if she develops it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"My game is a work in progress, and I'll continue to thoughtfully develop different parts to my game, use my head more during matches, and play with more passion."

She seemed genuinely quite proud about her ability to think on the fly, fight hard and play with half-a-forehand and serve in Australia. She also seemed happy and surprised that her forecourt game was quite solid when she had to resort to hitting short/deep slices and drop shots off both wings, so I'm sure her post alludes to something related to that.

if that's the quality of her forecourt game with virtually no practice on court (according to her), than she could be an unbelievable all-around player if she develops it.
That is a good suggestion Xenosys, you are definitely a strong contender for the prize! 馃弳

Registered
The picture is of her winning the first round match. So the message is somehow more related to that than specifically the second round.
I just think she wanted a photo of her time in Australia that was of a good time so R1 match would make the most sense. I don't think her message is specifically tied to that particular match.

On a side note, I think she's left Australia already as she posted it way past her reported bedtime if she were to still be there...maybe back home in the UK now.

Registered
I just think she wanted a photo of her time in Australia that was of a good time so R1 match would make the most sense. I don't think her message is specifically tied to that particular match.

On a side note, I think she's left Australia already as she posted it way past her reported bedtime if she were to still be there...maybe back home in the UK now.
Probably posted it on the plane

Registered
Brain - 鈥淚t鈥檚 very rare for me to be that long away from tennis so I think my hands definitely suffered from that. You want to make up the hours but I think you need to be smart about it."

Jigsaw puzzle - "I definitely think that the variety helps, so if I can mix that with my aggressive game style, I think that would be a really good and dangerous combination going forward."

Construction sign - "I want to try and do as much of catch-up as possible in terms of like fitness and my pre-season, because I missed it actually in December. So try and do a bit of work there."

Heart on fire - "And also I just know that I鈥檝e got that fight in me. Even if I have, like, one shot, I know that I can pull myself out of deep situations. Because I鈥檓 still young, I feel like I can learn a backhand, I can learn some tactics, but it鈥檚 quite hard to learn or teach someone that fight and grittiness to hang in there when things are pretty much all against you. So I鈥檓 quite proud of that.鈥

E.R.

Registered
Brain = Take time to think, But do not over think it.

Jigsaw puzzle piece = Work on the right shots.

Construction sign = Work on fitness And shot selection.

Heart on fire = You must be passionate to do some good for yourself.

I think Emma needs to think more about the right Shots, she needs to get fit and feel confident in herself. Emma Needs a confidence boost Soon.:)

• Love
Reactions: aca99da

Registered
Brain - 鈥淚t鈥檚 very rare for me to be that long away from tennis so I think my hands definitely suffered from that. You want to make up the hours but I think you need to be smart about it."

Jigsaw puzzle - "I definitely think that the variety helps, so if I can mix that with my aggressive game style, I think that would be a really good and dangerous combination going forward."

Construction sign - "I want to try and do as much of catch-up as possible in terms of like fitness and my pre-season, because I missed it actually in December. So try and do a bit of work there."

Heart on fire - "And also I just know that I鈥檝e got that fight in me. Even if I have, like, one shot, I know that I can pull myself out of deep situations. Because I鈥檓 still young, I feel like I can learn a backhand, I can learn some tactics, but it鈥檚 quite hard to learn or teach someone that fight and grittiness to hang in there when things are pretty much all against you. So I鈥檓 quite proud of that.鈥

E.R.
Love this - can't think of anything better.

But just for fun:-

"I've had a brain wave!" --throws down racket-- "Constructing jigsaw puzzles is my REAL passion and I'm quitting tennis forever!"

Registered
It's a little known fact that Emma is a massive Meat Loaf fan, and was saddened by his recent passing.

The brain of course represents one's sense of self, the ego, the "I"

Being a jigsaw aficionado, she is well aware that the puzzles used primarily to be made from wood

Construction is a form of making, or doing - and since Emma has very high expectations for herself, she feels that she can do anything

The heart is self-explanatory; everything that emerges from the heart is done for love

And the photo? Emma is sending a message to those who thought she'd be knocked out in the first round of the AO - "(but) I won't do that!"

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
By the way the prize for the winner of the best answer as to what Emma's Instagram post means is a custom painting by me of Emma showing whatever the winner decides!* 馃帹馃槷

*Terms and conditions - the subject of the painting cannot feature Emma committing a crime or coming to harm. Subject cannot be indecent in nature or contain things I find offensive such as Emma and Kyrgios kissing each other

1 - 20 of 44 Posts