Tennis Forum banner

1561 - 1580 of 1604 Posts

·
Registered
22,293 Posts
We're back! Well sort of. Dayana will be participating in the Eastern European Championships in Belgrade organized by Janko Tipsarevic on June 29th.

·
Registered
22,293 Posts
So after long discussions and careful consideration, Dayana has decided that she will play the US Open.

·
Registered
22,293 Posts
So we're back next week as Dayana will be competing in Palermo. I won't be there as I have an ongoing family emergency to take care of. I will re-join her for Cincinnati and the Open.

I don't think tennis should be played again until 2021. As I'm sure you've seen throughout the months, I have articulated my feelings on the matter.

Lastly, Dayana has a second song coming out on Saturday. I think you guys will enjoy it :)

That's all from me for now. Take care for now.

Reactions: Saraya!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Listened to her song, although it's not music i would listen to generally, I really liked it.

Will be watching Palermo intently, need my Tennis fix, had enough of the Exhibitions, need the proper stuff.

Good luck to Dayana..

·
Registered
22,293 Posts
Listened to her song, although it's not music i would listen to generally, I really liked it.

Will be watching Palermo intently, need my Tennis fix, had enough of the Exhibitions, need the proper stuff.

Good luck to Dayana..
I'll post it later for those who may not have heard it.

·
Registered
22,293 Posts
Dayana will begin her Palermo campaign against Sara Sorribes Tormo.

·
Registered
22,293 Posts
Dayana is last on Court 6 (that's the second court) against Sorribes Tormo tomorrow.

·
Banned
86,106 Posts
Prague

(1)Halep v Hercog
Tig v (wc)Krejcikova
Sevastova v Q
Rus v (6)Pavlyuchenkova

(4)Yastremska v Begu
Bolsova v Ferro
Siegemund v Q
Sorribes Tormo v (7)Strycova

(8)Kudermetova v (wc)Bouchard
Zidansek v Siniakova
Giorgi v Q
Paolini v (3)Mertens

(5)Alexandrova v Kasatkina
Bogdan v Q
Pliskova v (wc)Fruhvirtova
(2)Martic v Gracheva

·
Registered
22,293 Posts
Dayana is on her way here :)

·
Registered
22,293 Posts
And she is in Quebec for a connecting flight and will arrive tomorrow.

·
Registered
22,293 Posts

·
Registered
22,293 Posts
So Dayana is here and her test came back negative. We got checked into the facilities, but his credential buzzed so he had to promise to switch it later.

There's giant pool tables and miniature golf courses in the area where fans would normally be by the fountain. Dayana and Bajin were playing on the large tennis court and she played the pool. I just watched.

That's all for now.

·
Banned
86,106 Posts
(1) Ka.Pliskova vs. BYE
Kudermetova vs. Tomljanovic
Sevastova vs. Mladenovic
Peterson vs. (14) Mertens

(11) Riske vs. Anisimova
Brady vs. (wc) Clijsters
Q vs. Q
BYE vs. (5) Sabalenka

(4) (wc) Osaka vs. BYE
Muchova vs. Q
Watson vs. Pera
(wc) V. Williams vs. (16) Yastremska

(12) Kontaveit vs. Q
Collins vs. Q
Bouzkova vs. Q
BYE vs. (6) Kvitova
------------------
(8) Konta vs. BYE
Siniakova vs. Q
Linette vs. Q
Q vs. (10) Vondrousova

(13) Sakkari vs. Gauff
Putintseva vs. Zhang
Q vs. Van Uytvanck
BYE vs. (3) S. Williams

(7) Keys vs. BYE
Q vs. Jabeur
Q vs. Swiatek
Alexandrova vs. (9) Rybakina

(15) Vekic vs. Azarenka
(wc) Stephens vs. Garcia
Cornet vs. (wc) McNally
BYE vs. (2) Kenin

·
Registered
939 Posts
Not an easy draw for Dayana with Venus and potentially Naomi or Dayana's kryptonite Muchova in her section. Pera can also be dangerous.

·
Registered
22,293 Posts
Dayana is up at 5pm US Eastern time tomorrow on Grandstand, which is the #1 court for the tournament, so I will be there :)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Not sure whether Dayana has played Venus before, but it's always exciting for the younger player to play one of the greats of the game.
Hoping for some excellent court time and a few wins, at worst, getting the rust out for the Open.

·
Registered
22,293 Posts
Not sure whether Dayana has played Venus before, but it's always exciting for the younger player to play one of the greats of the game.
Hoping for some excellent court time and a few wins, at worst, getting the rust out for the Open.
They've never played.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Hopefully her ankle is okay. Getting plenty of crap on the match result forum about her injury time-out, etc. I'm sure she couldn't care less about that. Her job is to win Tennis matches, and she did.

Got a little tight trying to serve it out the first time, but finally got it done, a tiebreak would have been interesting.
From what I saw, she seemed to be playing in fits & starts, but everyone is rusty, and cobwebs need to be blown out.

·
Banned
86,106 Posts
Reactions: Exiliado
1561 - 1580 of 1604 Posts