Tennis Forum banner

281 - 293 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
37,748 Posts
No, I'm not a black conservative and I despise Trump and I think Candace Owens is an idiot and ignoramus. On the contrary, I'm a leftist who believes the toxic, woke cult are the biggest obstacle to left wing attempts to secure a society that guarantees economic security and equality for all. And the toxic woke cult are the reason people like Trump and Candace Owens thrive. Candace Owens can't make a living if the identity-politics-obsessed woke cult, who interpret everything through grand theories of identity, grievance and oppression, didn't exist. She has people like you to thank for making easy money.
That is complete BS. People like Trump or Candace Owens exist because Republicans are for the most part a bunch of virulent racists who are shitting their pants about white people losing their cultural hegemony. What kind of a self-described "leftist" would make excuses for their racism when the vast majority of people in Europe -conservatives, centrists or liberals- knows they're trash? I was talking to a friend the other day about homophobia and telling him that even if I'd known a fair share of homophobes throughout my life here I'd never gotten anything close to hearing that gay people can choose to be gay, which until very recently it seemed to be a widespread belief between American conservatives. They are ignorant trash from outer space.

I'm literally picturing you in the 1960s saying that conservative states building statues of white supremacists everywhere is simply a response to the "toxic woke culture" of the Civil Rights movement.

And by the way, the current "woke culture" is here to stay and it'll only get bigger because the racists whose feelings you care so much about are dying off.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Republicans are for the most part a bunch of virulent racists who are shitting their pants about white people losing their cultural hegemony.
I wish this was actually true. Things would be way different.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

the key quotes:

“The civil war inside The New York Times between the (mostly young) wokes [and] the (mostly 40+) liberals is the same one raging inside other publications and companies across the country,” Weiss wrote.

“But the lessons that ought to have followed the election—lessons about the importance of understanding other Americans, the necessity of resisting tribalism, and the centrality of the free exchange of ideas to a democratic society—have not been learned,” Weiss wrote. “Instead, a new consensus has emerged in the press, but perhaps especially at this paper: that truth isn’t a process of collective discovery, but an orthodoxy already known to an enlightened few whose job is to inform everyone else.”

Liberals today are fighting a war on two fronts, against the Trumptards and also against the woke illiberal left... the leftists have taken over the New York Times and they are kicking out all the old-school liberals who believe in tolerance and free speech.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
And by the way, the current "woke culture" is here to stay and it'll only get bigger because the racists whose feelings you care so much about are dying off.

What about Gen Z?
But still, things change a lot anyway. This kind of one and done polls cannot tell you much about the future.

·
Registered
15,174 Posts

the key quotes:

“The civil war inside The New York Times between the (mostly young) wokes [and] the (mostly 40+) liberals is the same one raging inside other publications and companies across the country,” Weiss wrote.

“But the lessons that ought to have followed the election—lessons about the importance of understanding other Americans, the necessity of resisting tribalism, and the centrality of the free exchange of ideas to a democratic society—have not been learned,” Weiss wrote. “Instead, a new consensus has emerged in the press, but perhaps especially at this paper: that truth isn’t a process of collective discovery, but an orthodoxy already known to an enlightened few whose job is to inform everyone else.”

Liberals today are fighting a war on two fronts, against the Trumptards and also against the woke illiberal left... the leftists have taken over the New York Times and they are kicking out all the old-school liberals who believe in tolerance and free speech.
lmao Ofcourse you adore Bari Weiss.

She reminds me of exactly you: a pretend centrist. Or perhaps I should say a true centrist (as in self-centred)

Actuality Bari is in many ways more pro-cancel than any left winger — and on other issues she's more right wing than Ted Cruz. Basically she's all over the place. As far as I'm concerned she is exhibit-A evidence that, being a centrist is at its deepest core not much more than being self-centred.

As for her recent pro free speech anti cancel culture credentials, I'll give a hard pass due to her lack of credibility. Isn't she someone who actually built her career by cancelling and doxxing dozens of persons for real (as in actually making sure they lost their jobs)? That's how she made her name and got her fancy NYT job. Is there even one other journo who has cancelled more people than her? I mean the word 'hypocrite' doesn't even begin to cover her two-faced mendacity. She is a Karen from journalism hell. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Here is she being utterly dismantled a few months ago:

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I think she wanted to say that all humans are same. Like solidarizing with black people. Too bad she chose a way that is by many black people apparently viewed as offensive.
"STAR TREK" TV anti-racism TV show from the 1960s.

This episode had the very same theme as Dayana photo.
One character's face was half black and half white, split down the middle, and the other character was the opposite.
Search YouTube for --- star trek half white half black

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Bari Weiss is a hypocrite and a cancel queen.

She actually got a Black woman fired from her job because she politely declined an invitation for coffee.

She is an example of an overachieved mediocrity.

When people like Bari Weiss talk about cancel culture, they are talking about people like her being above criticism while having the full authority to cancel and malign others.

Reactions: StumpSheldon

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
lmao Ofcourse you adore Bari Weiss.

She reminds me of exactly you: a pretend centrist. Or perhaps I should say a true centrist (self-interest centred)

In actuality Bari has views some of which are far more pro cancel than any left winger — and on other issues she's more right wing than Ted Cruz. Basically she's all over the place. As far as I'm concerned she is exhibit-A evidence that, being a centrist is at its deepest core not much more than being self-centred.

As for her recent pro free speech anti cancel culture credentials, I'll give a hard pass due to her lack of credibility. Isn't she someone who actually built her career by cancelling and doxxing dozens of persons for real (as in actually making sure they lost their jobs)? That's how she made her name and got her fancy NYT job. Is there even one other journo who has cancelled more people than her? I mean the word 'hypocrite' doesn't even begin to cover her two-faced mendacity. She is a Karen from journalism hell. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Here is she being utterly dismantled a few weeks ago:

Yes, she came to prominence by trying to get Palestinian professors at Columbia University fired. And recently, when a Black woman politely declined her invitation for coffee, she actually called her workplace and got her fired. And that's just tip of the iceberg.

Reactions: Raiden

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
^sounds like a bunch of talking points. she was exposed as a racist.

Also, this article was published when Bari Weiss was hired, and is a very important piece of journalism. Bari Weiss is not a flag bearer of free speech, she is the prosecutor of it. Her arguments are nothing but gaslighting.

Reactions: TERRASTAR18

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Not Tennisforums solving the world's problems :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Another silly cancel culture thing. I thought Yastremska looked beautiful in the picture...just perhaps a bit misguided but she's young and European. What does she really know about black people aside from losing to Serena once. She's very naive and trying out this whole stardom thing beyond tennis and therefore, felt she needed to comment. She'll get better. At least she not only apologized, but explained her intention.

Reactions: amyd_1989
281 - 293 of 293 Posts