·
Registered
11,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Reactions: StumpSheldon

·
Art & Futures
20,453 Posts
i doubt her intentions were racist but it's good that she deleted that.

just seems like a move made out of ignorance, or as the one post says, naivete.

·
Registered
85,759 Posts
Big fail from Dayana and her agent.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
We don't need two threads for this. This is already being covered in another thread.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Well, gona repost what I said in the other thread

Well, Yastremskaya's probably not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I believe her intentions are good (or at least not bad). Outside of the US, blackface is not that big of a deal as it is there, and honestly, it shouldn't be. I remember when Griezmann was widely criticized for dressing as a globetrotter.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
What about all the millions of people in the world WHO are NOT OFFENDED by this.

Of course everybody MUST be offended by this, just like when players were putting black squares on their instagram posts for BLM.
I'm not offended, and I'm not Racist either.
But i'm entitled to comment on this thread, and i have.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
This is unfortunate in multiple ways.

1) you can see her intention was good. She was trying to showcase her belief in racial equality.
2) she is Ukrainian and isn't aware of American racial politics/identity. Even as an Australian I struggle to understand it sometimes.

However...

It's still really messed up and completely inappropriate. I think she will have some hard lessons here and many of those will not be enjoyable.

She'll probably have to do a lot of stuff to demonstrate that she's learned from this if she wants to avoid being cancelled forever.

·
Registered
85,759 Posts
So sad @Power Shot banned..can´t wait to hear what he had to say..

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I'm not offended by it...Neither do I see the point, one way or the other.....
Are you African American?

If not, why do you presume that whether you're offended or not makes any difference?

·
Registered
85,759 Posts
What other thread?

This is too big of a deal to be shoved as a side-item into a preexisting thread with another topic.
Think he mean the picture thread .I have asked the mod already to move that discussion here

·
Registered
85,759 Posts
1 - 20 of 293 Posts