Tennis Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now does this mean kim-Amelie are cancelled and if play gets under wasy it will be Federer or Roddicks match. Cause that would be riduculous, abandon a uncompleted match and start another one, which won't get completed either.

The us open site jsut says the day session is cancelled and to stay tuned ofr news on the vening session, but the schedule is still the same
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,369 Posts
Ugh, sorry, but Kim fans are starting to get on my nerves with the "unfair" business. It's a quarter-finals match! Right now, the remaining 4th round (men and women) matches have more priority. It was wrong for the USTA to put Kim & Momo on today in the first place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,777 Posts
kournikovafan13 said:
Ugh, sorry, but Kim fans are starting to get on my nerves with the "unfair" business. It's a quarter-finals match! Right now, the remaining 4th round (men and women) matches have more priority. It was wrong for the USTA to put Kim & Momo on today in the first place.
Indeed. The women having to play best of three sets 3 days in a row is hardly as big of a deal as the men playing best of 5 sets many days in a row, so the mens matches should have been a priority.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kournikovafan13 said:
Ugh, sorry, but Kim fans are starting to get on my nerves with the "unfair" business. It's a quarter-finals match! Right now, the remaining 4th round (men and women) matches have more priority. It was wrong for the USTA to put Kim & Momo on today in the first place.
well sorry to you but under the rules they had to do that. Anyone who was playing late last night at 11pm couldn't be on early today. I agree the other 4th round matches take priority but they are the rules. And the way the USTA treated Kim-Amelie with the schedulingwas rude so they deserve to be able to play.

Those people who don't know the rules are starting to get on my nerves sorry.

I never said it was "unfair business" I said the schedule was riduculous yes, and it is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,307 Posts
What was stupid was having Kim and Momo even there today.

They should have focused on the men and the round of 16.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dawn Marie said:
What was stupid was having Kim and Momo even there today.

They should have focused on the men and the round of 16.
yeah I agree with that, but they couldn't put any of the uncompleted matches up first because they were onlate last night. SO they had toput somebody up and given kim-amelie were cancelled yesterday it was them.

So Kim and Amelie will have to come back another day to play this match, even though the match has started?
Don't know but it would be stupid if that was how it was cause all the other matches scheduled on Ashe haven't started yet. So all they would be doing would be creating another uncompleted match.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,307 Posts
If they state Day Session is cancelled does that mean they will not put Kim and Momo on as a Night session match?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dawn Marie said:
If they state Day Session is cancelled does that mean they will not put Kim and Momo on as a Night session match?
As I said got no idea, but i don't think the schedulers do themselves either which is why it isn't on the site.
But I don't think anyone will get to play tonight
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,303 Posts
kim&lleytonrule said:
well sorry to you but under the rules they had to do that. Anyone who was playing late last night at 11pm couldn't be on early today. I agree the other 4th round matches take priority but they are the rules. And the way the USTA treated Kim-Amelie with the schedulingwas rude so they deserve to be able to play.

Those people who don't know the rules are starting to get on my nerves sorry.

I never said it was "unfair business" I said the schedule was riduculous yes, and it is.
What was rude about the way Kim and Amelie were scheduled? :confused: The schedulers couldn't stop the rain. The 4th round matches should all be played before Kim's or Lindsay's matches.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now the schedulers are really riduculous, all the delayed matches which have laready started have been canceled :rolleyes:

The only ones on the schedule are roddicks match on ashe and schuettler on granstand :rolleyes:

Now that is smart that is, there are 3 mens 4th round matches already started but hey lets not ocmplete them yet :rolleyes:

Kim-Amelie, Myskin, Sugiyama are all off the schedule
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,369 Posts
kim&lleytonrule said:
well sorry to you but under the rules they had to do that. Anyone who was playing late last night at 11pm couldn't be on early today. I agree the other 4th round matches take priority but they are the rules. And the way the USTA treated Kim-Amelie with the schedulingwas rude so they deserve to be able to play.

Those people who don't know the rules are starting to get on my nerves sorry.

I never said it was "unfair business" I said the schedule was riduculous yes, and it is.
Um, did I say that instead of Kim-Momo a match that had been played last night should've been played? No, Roddick or Federer's match should've been put on, as they are 4th round matches.

Those people who don't know what the hell I'm talking about are starting to get on my nerves, sorry. :tape:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
kournikovafan13 said:
Um, did I say that instead of Kim-Momo a match that had been played last night should've been played? No, Roddick or Federer's match should've been put on, as they are 4th round matches.

Those people who don't know what the hell I'm talking about are starting to get on my nerves, sorry. :tape:
The men's draw is always a day behind the women,Kim-Amelie were supposed to play yesterday so were Roddick and federer etc. SO roddick isn't actually behind Kim mauresmo, they are both 1 day behind schedule. Just because Kim is at QF stage and roddick at 4th round doesn't mean Roddick is actually that far behind. Yesterday was supposed to be the day of 4th round matches for men and QF for women, so they are both a day behind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,730 Posts
The schedule of play is released each evening at the discretion of the tournament. It will be posted as soon as it is made available.

Arthur Ashe - 7:00 PM Start
1. Men's Singles - 4th Rnd.
Xavier Malisse (BEL) vs. Andy Roddick (USA)[4]




Grandstand - 11:00 AM Start
1. Men's Singles - 4th Rnd.
Rainer Schuettler (GER)[8] vs. Sjeng Schalken (NED)[12]



So now, they're going to start the two men's matches that haven't already been started, instead of finishing Hewitt-Srichaphan or Ferrero-T. Martin :rolleyes:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top