Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lindsay will lose her finalist points from last year, dropping her below Dementieva, Pierce and Schnyder

Does anybody know the last time there were no American women in the top 10 :confused:

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LoveFifteen said:
There's no way Venus can be in the Top 10 with Pierce & Lindsay losing their points?

Just wondering ...
no Pierce and Lindsay will still have more points than Venus even if Venus defends her title

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vogus said:
Sharapova will still be Top 10 after Wimby.
:tape: :lol:

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vogus said:
my bad - you can't get any more "stars, stripes, and strip malls" than Mary Pierce. :eek:
:rolleyes:
at least Mary played Fed Cup for France

Sharapova has not played Fed Cup for USA or Russia :tape:

·
Registered
20,122 Posts
vogus said:
my bad - you can't get any more "stars, stripes, and strip malls" than Mary Pierce. :eek:
Mary is Canadian. :angel:

·
Banned
2,936 Posts
pierce0415 said:
:rolleyes:
at least Mary played Fed Cup for France

Sharapova has not played Fed Cup for USA or Russia :tape:
So you have to play for your country to be considered one of it's citizens? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,647 Posts
Oh no! The usual suspect U.S. fans will be screaming louder than ever for any player of any talent who has lived in the good ol US of A to be forcibly citizenised. Hmmm, we have the odd ski team down here using our winter for offseason training, we should claim the buggers, to hell with what they think:)

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
vogus said:
Sharapova will still be Top 10 after Wimby.

lol:lol: :kiss:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Actually there is a chance Lindsay will still be top ten after Wim. With her points off she would fall to no. 10 but Venus cannot overtake her even if she wins again so it would need any one of the others below her, for example, Myskina (QF last year), Hingis or Vaidisova to reach SF to push her out of top ten.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I bet it's never happened since the inception of the computer rankings back in the 70's or so. It's rather sad for the legacy to end: from BJK to Chrissie to Martina (the original) to Jennifer, Lindsay, Monica, and the Williamses all at the top, and then... nobody, not even in the top 10.

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tommyk75 said:
I bet it's never happened since the inception of the computer rankings back in the 70's or so. It's rather sad for the legacy to end: from BJK to Chrissie to Martina (the original) to Jennifer, Lindsay, Monica, and the Williamses all at the top, and then... nobody, not even in the top 10.
are you sure :confused:
not even one week

·
Registered
43 Posts
I read somewhere recently that the last time there were no Americans in the top 10 was in 1976 or 1977. Can't remember the source.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts